U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 09:35 AM

9,309 posts, read 5,613,661 times

Advertisements

Planning to travel to San Juan next month, but article like the one below is really giving me pause.

Puerto Rico's former police chief won't go outside after 6 p.m. amid violence, officer shortages

I come from a big city and I understand using common sense, staying alert, etc. In all the cities that I've been to, there are safe zones and war zones. Tourist areas generally are in the safe zones. The article makes it seem like the tourist areas in SJ are now open game and in broad daylight. When the former police chief said she is too afraid to go out at night, that sounds really bad.

Can someone in SJ please tell me how things are in SJ?

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:48 PM

9,765 posts, read 3,307,099 times
Ask the Mayor of San Juan Carmen Yulin. She says it safe but what does she knows she is hardly there,,,,she only shows up to dance and spends more time in the states with the Democrat donors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyMldKsZZbE

Old Today, 08:08 PM

759 posts, read 1,847,018 times
You shouldn't be too affected in tourist areas like Condado and Viejo San Juan. I was there a month ago and it seemed fine. Stay out of La Perla (though even there seemed to have calmed down significantly) and caserios and just enjoy your trip. Don't go to the beach late at night just because it'll be dark and you may not have too many people around if something happens. You'll be fine, enjoy your trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or