U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 10:45 AM

1 posts

Advertisements

Hello I have visited St. Thomas and St. Johns and stayed for a week or so mostly for vacation reasons. I'm looking to move down there and am trying to price everything out now so I can save some cash and have that when I go down in 2-3 months. My idea is to go visit St. Thomas for about 3-4 weeks or longer depending on funds and housing. I looked on craigslist for jobs and housing and also searched the web for any job posting or house. I found a lot of housing for around $800 dollars and I am not a person that needs a lot I like to live as minimalistic as possible so im not looking for a $1200 house over looking the water. for the most part I would like to work my way to living on a boat and just living the island life style.

I am experienced boat mechanic and carpenter I flip houses on the side and flip boats from time to time when I can find a good deal. I started at a local boat shop my senior year in high school and quickly became the head mechanics apprentice and became a primary key holder allowing me to open and run the shop when the owner wasn't present. I also was a first mate on the owners fishing boat and have some minor experience doing this. I am mechanically inclined and can pretty much fix and diagnose anything with a motor. I fix family cars and rebuilt a 1970s VW Dune buggy.

Now that some of my background has been explained I am looking for a website or some place that I can look and see what jobs are available and what I could apply my skills at. also looking for a place to look for housing and rentals. if anyone has any information that would help me find this information I would greatly appreciate it. thanks for all the help.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or