U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 06:02 PM

1,014 posts, read 423,913 times

Advertisements

Good News.......

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...228-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 07:28 PM

10,417 posts, read 3,501,466 times
8.2 Billion is a lot of money. I hope they manage it right down there. It's going to be nice to be a government contractor, again.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:44 PM
Status: "You see Mom! Everything turned out OK for you. I'm so glad!" (set 9 days ago)

2,672 posts, read 3,201,476 times
I visited PR for 9 days and returned Monday, Feb 25. Last time I was in Puerto Rico was June 2018. While not complete nor perfect, there's definite improvement between now and 8 months ago. Aside from witnessing a slew of tourists, I also saw many contractors from renown companies the likes of Honeywell - a process control systems innovator.

Of course, PR will always be PR. I will never understand opposition to obvious solutions which work everywhere else on Planet Earth, except of course in Puerto Rico. For example, there is now growing opposition to the implementation of micro power grids in conjunction with existing macro power grids. There's also growing opposition to utilizing Natural Gas in place of existing petroleum based liquid fuels. The opposition wants solely wind and solar power generation. In a perfect world, that would be a wonderful idea. Good luck with that!

But hey, that's my place of birth and former home. I love the people and the island. Can't stand blind opposition to proven solutions meant to make things better in a place which should accept all the help it can get.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
The opposition wants solely wind and solar power generation. In a perfect world, that would be a wonderful idea. Good luck with that!

the Alexandria Ocasio Cortez crowd and the Green Deal. We got that crowd on the island. Try flying planes on solar power.....lol

Old 02-28-2019, 09:05 PM
Status: "You see Mom! Everything turned out OK for you. I'm so glad!" (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
the Alexandria Ocasio Cortez crowd and the Green Deal. We got that crowd on the island. Try flying planes on solar power.....lol
I have nothing against wind and solar power as an augment to other forms of power. To rely solely on it is a bit naÔve at this point.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I have nothing against wind and solar power as an augment to other forms of power. To rely solely on it is a bit naÔve at this point.

but to pretend we can replace our current energy system to an electrical grid running on 100% renewable energy (sunlight, wind, rain, tides, waves & geothermal heat) and to end the use of fossil fuels within 10 years like the nuts in the Democrat party are pushing for is living in fantasy land. Not only it's impossible but will ruin our economy.

it is difficult to generate the quantities of electricity that are as large as those produced by traditional fossil fuel generators. The whole airline industry would be grounded and out of commission. Who will fly a plane on solar power (it doesn't exist)? To capture large amounts of renewable energy, a great deal of land is required to install solar panels, wind turbines and Puerto Rico doesn't have a great deal of land for their energy demands. Wind turbines need wind to turn the blades, and solar collectors need clear skies and sunshine to collect heat and make electricity.

I was raised in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. It's mostly cloudy and raining. They have a saying for Bayamon that even they made it into a local song " Chuito "En Bayamon Llueve To Los Dias" (In Bayamon it rains every day) so you can kiss goodbye the solar technology there unless you want to overpay for panels to look cool on the roof of your house and be part of the intellectual save the planet group. Aguas Buenas and Cayey and most of the countryside in central Puerto Rico is pretty much the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VERW2hauPVE

Then you have higher upfront cost. While you can save money by using renewable energy, the technologies are typically more expensive upfront than traditional energy generators. Where is P.R. going to come up with the money upfront? raise taxes higher or added it to the debt they can't pay.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:37 AM

1,016 posts, read 358,090 times
Most of the money will go where it usually goes in corruption-as-sop places.
Down the toilet.
But it may reverse the flow of population back to the island, so there's that.

What else is new?

Old 03-01-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Ugh! It's you again!

Mira brother! If I could, I would love to dance a little Hot Salsa with AOC!

You wanna calm her down? Ponla a bailar como un trompo! But of course, only if you can, which - given your never ending politicized jargon - I seriously doubt you have the ability to do.

But, guess what, bro? Todavia existimos bailadores quienes sabemos poner las AOC's del mundo a gozar!

Old 03-01-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Ugh! It's you again!

Mira brother! If I could, I would love to dance a little Hot Salsa with AOC!

You wanna calm her down? Ponla a bailar como un trompo! But of course, only if you can, which - given your never ending politicized jargon - I seriously doubt you have the ability to do.

But, guess what, bro? Todavia existimos bailadores quienes sabemos poner las AOC's del mundo a gozar!

Panita, deja la botella! ........."ponla a baliar como un trompo"?,,,,,WTF! So you are a dancer now? The Nuyorican Tony Manero.

You crack me up, like always!

Old 03-01-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Panita, deja la botella! ........."ponla a baliar como un trompo"?,,,,,WTF! So you are a dancer now? The Nuyorican Tony Manero.

You crack me up, like always!
Mi Pana, some of us can. Some of you'se can't!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories