Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:43 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times

Advertisements

Apparently the moderator felt your posts/questions were similar enough to merge the threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 03:00 PM

269 posts, read 710,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
Opyelie,

People are going through rough times right now. There is a lot of misinformation for a lot of people. At time's like this you should let people post whatever they want. You can not control the forum like this by deleting post or altering people's post. Chill the hell out.

There's a million people out there who might be on the streets soon and they have no other place but maybe HERE to go for information and advice. Thanks.
Couldn't disagree more.

You realize you contradicted yourself, right? If you "let people post whatever they want" then the people who come here for info might be mislead by false and duplicate threads, not to mention the reviving of dead threads from 2008 which have nothing to do with today's situation.

I like to pop in here looking for news and links to legitimate unemployment facts and data, not posts from the same person demanding answers they could easily read if they took the time. If there is one thing we the unemployed have, is time. Seems like some people here need to learn how to be proactive, think for themselves, and do some data mining...might I suggest right after checking the ritual job sites each day?

There are a lot of great sources on this board, let's not bastardize them with inane ramblings. We're all out of work, we all share your pain. These "please someone answer me NOW" posts are starting to pi$$ me off, especially when the answer to their question(s) lie within another thread. Oh, and there's always the "search" box at the top of the page too...

Good day...

Old 07-01-2010, 03:55 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,999,699 times
Quote:
Opyelie,

People are going through rough times right now. There is a lot of misinformation for a lot of people. At time's like this you should let people post whatever they want. You can not control the forum like this by deleting post or altering people's post. Chill the hell out.

There's a million people out there who might be on the streets soon and they have no other place but maybe HERE to go for information and advice. Thanks.
Rough times is an understatement.
I was rejected today for a part-time job of all things. I can hardly function, but just applied on-line (like a zombie) for nearly 10 positions.

I haven't reached any tiers (but plenty of tears), but this still gets to me.
I feel for the 99ers. Wish a miracle would come for everybody.

Can't look at any more job postings tonight. Sorry if this is on the wrong thread, posters.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:01 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
Opyelie,

fwiw, I am NOT a moderator and I have no control over deleting or altering another poster's posts.

I was merely directing the OP to the sticky at the top of the forum, which was posted by the forum moderator btw.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,932 times
what does it mean after you exaust tier 4, if you get a grey letter from NJ with the yellow part on top telling you to claim on the two weeks......does that mean you are going to get EB.....even if you think you may have had a misconduct disqualification.....does getting that gray letter telling you a date to file mean your going to get EB in NJ even if it did not put anything in the collums on the left...Like claims benefit amount.....does anyone know if everyone gets that grey letter,,,,even if you will be held disqualified for EB, or does that mean you are approved??

Old 01-23-2011, 03:41 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,973,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squadkid View Post
what does it mean after you exaust tier 4, if you get a grey letter from NJ with the yellow part on top telling you to claim on the two weeks......does that mean you are going to get EB.....even if you think you may have had a misconduct disqualification.....does getting that gray letter telling you a date to file mean your going to get EB in NJ even if it did not put anything in the collums on the left...Like claims benefit amount.....does anyone know if everyone gets that grey letter,,,,even if you will be held disqualified for EB, or does that mean you are approved??
A ruling of misconduct in New Jersey no longer results in an automatic disqualification from EB. There are now three levels of misconduct in New Jersey: misconduct, severe misconduct, and gross misconduct. The penalties for each are different. It depends on the particular circumstances of one's case. For details see:
Department of Labor and Workforce Development | Requirements for Payment <br> Fired (Discharged)

The letter you received indicates that your account is being reviewed for eligibility for EB. The instructions flag that you must be prepared to provide job contacts if you are approved to file for EB.

You should receive a determination of benefits with the decision on your eligibility for EB -- and that will have the benefits amount included if you are approved for EB. In the meantime, keep track of your job contacts and be prepared to file for EB on the date you were told to file in the event you are approved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment