Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,643 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have a question for those of you currently on Tier 3 EUC in Illinois or to whom ever is able to help with my question. Since the extention of unemployment benefits was not passed and ended June 5, 2010, Will I still recieve a check if I still have money left? I currently have a balance of $3,000. I certified through Tele-Serve today, will I recieve payment as I usually did on this Wednesday June 23, 2010??! Please Help I'M FREAKING OUT. I was told that I wouldn't because the extention was not approved but shouldn't I still get paid until my balance is zero???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 06:56 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
You are eligible to keep receiving the benefits for whatever Tier you are currently on. The non passage of the Bill (HR4213) only affects those who have exhausted their Tier or regular benefits after the current cut-off dates.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:03 PM

478 posts, read 1,749,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal26 View Post
Hello, I have a question for those of you currently on Tier 3 EUC in Illinois or to whom ever is able to help with my question. Since the extention of unemployment benefits was not passed and ended June 5, 2010, Will I still recieve a check if I still have money left? I currently have a balance of $3,000. I certified through Tele-Serve today, will I recieve payment as I usually did on this Wednesday June 23, 2010??! Please Help I'M FREAKING OUT. I was told that I wouldn't because the extention was not approved but shouldn't I still get paid until my balance is zero???
If you been on tier 3 and its not exhausted..YES you should receive your benefits still..think they call it (grandfathering) since the law did expire.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:02 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Your current tier (the $3000) will be paid out. But if no extension is passed after that, your UI payments will be over. If an extension is passed later, you'll get those "lost payments" retroactively.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:53 AM

1 posts, read 5,256 times
I just received my last unemployment check this week. I was told that I would not qualify for the extension because I am out of money. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the extension was for those who ran out of benefits. I am so confused.. D in Florida

Old 07-23-2010, 09:13 AM

100 posts, read 297,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D in Florida View Post
I just received my last unemployment check this week. I was told that I would not qualify for the extension because I am out of money. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the extension was for those who ran out of benefits. I am so confused.. D in Florida
It doesnt give additional weeks. It extends the deadline for people to transition between tiers.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 AM

81 posts, read 285,144 times
99 week question. I have not received all my 99 weeks. I am off work since mid november of 2008. I received retroactive pay for *4 weeks back pay now that the extension was approved july 23, 2010 or whatever is that exact date.

My benefit year does not end till mid march 2011.

Certifying today tells me i only have a week and a half money in that "current" account.

When will i get notice indicating i have gone into the emergency illinois fund to finish off the 99 weeks.

So desperate here, lost medical insurance (cobra) since it ends after 18 months

no money and applied for food stamps.

Thanks
jandjands

Old 08-02-2010, 12:17 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,484,345 times
Default Illinois unemployment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANDJANDS View Post
99 week question. I have not received all my 99 weeks. I am off work since mid november of 2008. I received retroactive pay for *4 weeks back pay now that the extension was approved july 23, 2010 or whatever is that exact date.

My benefit year does not end till mid march 2011.

Certifying today tells me i only have a week and a half money in that "current" account.

When will i get notice indicating i have gone into the emergency illinois fund to finish off the 99 weeks.

So desperate here, lost medical insurance (cobra) since it ends after 18 months

no money and applied for food stamps.

Thanks
jandjands
A common misconception is that everyone will get 99 weeks.
It all depends on which Tier you are collecting from at the time of the NEXT EUC cut-off date. It sounds as though you are exhausting Tier IV soon and will start EB, though.

How is it that your BYE is 3/2011 instead of 11/2009 (one year after your claim)? My claim date was 12/2007 and my BYE was 12/2008 and I collected 99 weeks (not consecutively) which ended 4/2010.

Quote:
Under the new law, the number of weeks of benefits available to an
Illinois claimant will continue to range from 26 to 99, depending on when the application for initial benefits was filed and
whether or not the criteria for eligibility for the additional benefits programs are met.
http://www.ides.state.il.us/pdf/news/99weeks.pdf
New Expiration Dates for additional benefit programs in ILLINOIS:
• You must exhaust regular benefits by 11/20/10 to be placed on EUC Tier I.
• You must exhaust an EUC Tier by 11/27/10 to move to the next tier of EUC benefits.
• Extended Benefits (EB) will terminate in Illinois 12/4/10. No payments on EB will be made for weeks ending after this date.
• For those who are currently receiving FAC payments, the program ends with the week ending 12/11/10.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:52 PM

613 posts, read 960,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
A common misconception is that everyone will get 99 weeks.
It all depends on which Tier you are collecting from at the time of the NEXT EUC cut-off date. It sounds as though you are exhausting Tier IV soon and will start EB, though.

How is it that your BYE is 3/2011 instead of 11/2009 (one year after your claim)? My claim date was 12/2007 and my BYE was 12/2008 and I collected 99 weeks (not consecutively) which ended 4/2010.

New Expiration Dates for additional benefit programs in ILLINOIS:
• You must exhaust regular benefits by 11/20/10 to be placed on EUC Tier I.
• You must exhaust an EUC Tier by 11/27/10 to move to the next tier of EUC benefits.
• Extended Benefits (EB) will terminate in Illinois 12/4/10. No payments on EB will be made for weeks ending after this date.
• For those who are currently receiving FAC payments, the program ends with the week ending 12/11/10.
People also must remember the Tier's and EB are not automatic. Each state has to meet the triggers for three months in a row. The EB trigger of 8.5% is what people also need to be looking at. Just don't assume your state is meeting the triggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment