Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 01:36 PM

306 posts, read 605,316 times

Advertisements

Hmm, maybe I'll throw a few more in:

Other Provisions - (Sec. 601) Extends the national flood insurance program from May 31, 2010, through December 31, 2010.
(Sec. 602) Allocates in FY2010 funds received from sales, bonuses, royalties, and rentals under the Geothermal Steam Act of 1970 (geothermal receipts) for payments to states (50%) and counties (25%) and as miscellaneous receipts (25%).
(Sec. 603) Appropriates additional funds for the Small Business Administration (SBA) Business Loans Program Account, to remain available through December 31, 2010, for small business loan fee reductions and eliminations and for loan guarantees under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
(Sec. 604) Directs the Secretary of Agriculture to: (1) make supplemental direct commodity payments to agricultural producers in a disaster county (an area covered by a qualifying natural disaster declaration for the 2009 crop year); (2) make grants to states to assist eligible specialty crop producers for losses associated with a natural disaster affecting the 2009 crops; (3) provide supplemental assistance to agricultural producers and first-handlers of the 2009 crop of cottonseed in disaster counties; (4) provide grants to states to assist aquaculture producers for losses associated with high feed input costs during 2009; (5) make grants to agriculture producers who had grazing losses in disaster counties in 2009; (6) make payments to an agricultural transportation cooperative in the state of Hawaii to maintain and develop employment; and (7) make emergency no-interest loans to poultry producers.
(Sec. 605) Appropriates funds for grants to states for youth activities, including summer employment for youth.
Part II: Regional Provisions - Subpart A: New York Liberty Zone - (Sec. 291) Extends through 2010: (1) the special depreciation allowance for nonresidential and residential real property in the New York Liberty Zone; and (2) authority for issuing tax-exempt bonds in such Zone.
Subpart B: GO Zone - (Sec. 295) Extends through 2010 the increase in the rehabilitation tax credit for a certified historic structure or qualified rehabilitated building located in the Gulf Opportunity Zone (GO Zone).
(Sec. 296) Extends through August 28, 2010, the work opportunity tax credit for employing Hurricane Katrina employees.
(Sec. 297) Extends through 2012 allocations of low-income housing tax credit dollar amounts for buildings in the GO Zone, the Rita GO Zone, or the Wilma GO Zone

Old 07-18-2010, 01:39 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,655,243 times
lol, Yes you are correct, But I guarantee you Snowe and Collins are not voting on this. Read my posts before replying silliness, There is even links in there for you to read. Explains the whole thing to you Actually they could be voting on some of it but most of it they are not. here it is for you again! Try not to miss that most of the "Tax extenders bill has been removed for this vote" (4213)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ate.html?cat=9

Old 07-18-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
lol, Yes you are correct, But I guarantee you Snowe and Collins are not voting on this. Read my posts before replying silliness, There is even links in there for you to read. Explains the whole thing to you Actually they could be voting on some of it but most of it they are not. here it is for you again!

2010 Unemployment Extension - Senate Could Pass Standalone UI Benefits Extension Today - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
This is a bill as a whole....I don't think Snowe and Collins can "pick and choose" what they like or don't like and vote on it. If that were the case, there would be a whole new bill...just like they did with the Housing Credit.....

Old 07-18-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutz1012 View Post
This is a bill as a whole....I don't think Snowe and Collins can "pick and choose" what they like or don't like and vote on it. If that were the case, there would be a whole new bill...just like they did with the Housing Credit.....
They didn't, Reid and Baucus gave in to them to try and get UI passed. The article explains it perfect on why Snowe and Collins are now on board and it totally now makes sense. Snowe was calling for a stand alone and Reid and Baucus came up with this.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:09 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
WOW -- if only Reid had used this strategy earlier!

"We'll leave all the other stuff in the bill -- but when you Republicans vote on HR 4213, we'll say you only voted on UI! And, by the way, don't worry about the other stuff -- if the media doesn't report on it, it doesn't really matter."

Brilliant political move!
True, but it can't have a lot of "extra stuff" either because Snowe and Collins wouldn't have voted on it, if they would've voted on the "extra stuff" this would've been settled back in June (speaking of which, thanks for the correction about the Homebuyers tax credit extension).

But granted I agree also there has to be "something" else in it, if it were simply UI why wouldn't they just vote on 5618? Unless the ploy is to vote on a "fuller" 4213, Snowe and Collins vote "no", then they go (still on Tuesday) right to 5618 which requires a lot less "lifting" to go from vote to Obama's signature and can settle the UI extension problem a lot sooner.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
True, but it can't have a lot of "extra stuff" either because Snowe and Collins wouldn't have voted on it, if they would've voted on the "extra stuff" this would've been settled back in June (speaking of which, thanks for the correction about the Homebuyers tax credit extension).

But granted I agree also there has to be "something" else in it, if it were simply UI why wouldn't they just vote on 5618? Unless the ploy is to vote on a "fuller" 4213, Snowe and Collins vote "no", then they go (still on Tuesday) right to 5618 which requires a lot less "lifting" to go from vote to Obama's signature and can settle the UI extension problem a lot sooner.
Yes, There could be other things in it and I never said there wasn't, it is more a UI bill then anything else though and the story I posted explains it well why Snowe and Collins are on board.

Last edited by OHGreat; 07-18-2010 at 02:40 PM..

Old 07-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, There could be other things in it and I never said their wasn't, it is more a UI bill then anything else though and the story I posted explains it well why Snowe and Collins are on board.

No, it's a tax extenders/loopholes, etc...bill simply b/c it deals with things other than UI, that being "included." You can call it a UI bill if you wish, but prior to HR 5618 being introduced, it was the ONLY bill that had any mention of UI in it....

Old 07-18-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutz1012 View Post
No, it's a tax extenders/loopholes, etc...bill simply b/c it deals with things other than UI, that being "included." You can call it a UI bill if you wish, but prior to HR 5618 being introduced, it was the ONLY bill that had any mention of UI in it....
Yes it is still called that as a whole package. They are not voting on it as a whole package at this time. The story explains it perfectly.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:38 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,973,430 times
Quote:
Where is this nonsense about 4213 coming up again? Please link an article? I have seen nothing to the fact that they are even talking about this bill anymore. Its already known it will not pass as it has ZERO Republican support. I'm really confused on why I have been seeing it here again as of recent?
Quote:
Yea, I saw it there but have seen no evidence on any website talking about 4213 anymore. Only thing we have seen talked about is 5618 and a vote on it next week. Just confused why people are talking about 4213 which in all intents and purposes is a dead bill since it has NO Republican support.
Quote:
Sorry mistype NOT pass.
I will believe it when I see it, talk about stupidity. The bill is dead. I dont care where it stands it has ZERO Republican support and thus not enough votes.
Once again I need a link with the 4213 info?
So -- despite your incorrect posts from earlier this week about HR 4213 being dead (reprinted above) -- when you were provided documented info that HR 4213 is alive (and being voted on July 20) you changed your tune to refusing to accept the content of the bill.

I'll just wait for the vote on July 20.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
So -- despite your incorrect posts from earlier this week about HR 4213 being dead (reprinted above) -- when you were provided documented info that HR 4213 is alive (and being voted on July 20) you changed your tune to refusing to accept the content of the bill.

I'll just wait for the vote on July 20.

And unlike you I did not bring back posts that I said I had mistaken they had kept the same number further down. I was temped to bring back posts from you that are now clearly wrong but I thought better of it. I really didn't think you would be this upset being wrong about something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment