Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,379 times

Advertisements

I've unfortunately been on unemployment for the max allowable time. I managed to get work out of state (Washington) but it lasted an entire month.
Upon my return I applied to continue my last claim and it was granted. There were funds earmarked for me to last until November.
After June 7 my next 2 weekly filings were declined.
When I called the Bureau they first insulted me by saying "You must be out of money". After looking at my account the rude female informed me "Obama has cut off all state unemployment as of June 10".
I received no notice of an early cutoff and can find no record of it on-line.
Short of state unemployment being partially funded by the federal government Obama would have no authority over said funds.
Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 03:02 PM

48 posts, read 124,782 times
all tiers of unemployment ended on i think june 2nd. you were able to finish whatever tier you where on but not start a new one. Yours was probably considered to be starting a new one.

We are all waiting for congress to pass a new bill to extend these deadlines. Obama didnt end your benefits but more or less the senators have decided that this isnt a important issue an when they do pass a new bill its usually only good for 2 months they have passed a bill to my knowledge in Nov, Feb, an April. So right now we are looking for this bill to pass.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:09 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by procadman View Post
I've unfortunately been on unemployment for the max allowable time. I managed to get work out of state (Washington) but it lasted an entire month.
Upon my return I applied to continue my last claim and it was granted. There were funds earmarked for me to last until November.
After June 7 my next 2 weekly filings were declined.
When I called the Bureau they first insulted me by saying "You must be out of money". After looking at my account the rude female informed me "Obama has cut off all state unemployment as of June 10".
I received no notice of an early cutoff and can find no record of it on-line.
Short of state unemployment being partially funded by the federal government Obama would have no authority over said funds.
Any ideas?
You really haven't given a lot of relevant info to be able to advise you - How could you have had the max allowed if you say you had funds "available" until November?

What tier were you on? Did you finish that Tier? It may be that you are ineligible to move onto the next Tier due to the deadline extensions not being passed. It may also be that OH does not offer state EB unless it's federally funded 100% (also reliant on the extensions passing).

see below -
Quote:
Absent additional state or Federal enactments, the following changes will take place in the coming weeks:
The following states will have their TUR trigger expire on May 8, and have their EB payable period conclude June 5, 2010: Alabama, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and West Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment