U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:15 PM

14 posts, read 24,298 times
Default Exhausted NJ Tier 4- Help with Letter Received ???

Hello all,

Hoping for guidance from anyone who may help. I'm in NJ.

I also just exhausted tier 4 with a last check received over two weeks ago.

I then received a WHITE LETTER yesterday called the " NOTICE OF BENEFIT-EXTENDED UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION 2008 (EUC)

It had an official " Date of Mailing" printed on the upper right as 07-06-2010

It had a Check Mark on BOX stated that " YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR EXTENDED UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION 2008 (EUC) as of : 06-27-2010

It then stated, Max Benefit Amt under Exhausted Unemployment Claim: $ 15,184

It also stated, Max Benefit Amt under EUC AT : $11,680

Other than that letter, I have NOT received anything else. Have NOT received the "Blue Letter" that gives you the Date to Call to claim benefits.

Did you go thru a similar process? If yes, how long did you wait before receiving the actually "Blue Weekly Claim Letter? Do I just wait until I get the Blue Weekly Claim Letter?

I'm just trying to understand what to expect, if any, and what time frame & actions I need to take.

Thank you in advance for your responses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 03:14 AM

1,267 posts, read 629,992 times
I'm about to be in the same boat that you're in in about 2 weeks. It looks like you got EB if it says that you “are eligible” and you could try and file on your normal 2 week interval and see if it goes through or maybe call them and try to speak to an associate and ask them if there is anything that you are supposed to be doing. Have you received anything yet about filing on a certain date?

Old 07-13-2010, 10:56 AM

Hello JobZ, No I have not received anything else other than the letter. I have been trying to contact the local office in my area but keep getting the voicemail message that the volume of call is high & cannot take calls at the moment. I am going to keep trying to call at different times of the day & hopefully get through.

If I don't get anything in the mail by tomorrow & can't get talk to anyone, I may try you advice of filing like I use to do & see if it goes through. That cross my mind several times but I was just concerned that the system rejects it & it might screw up the whole thing.

I'll post it here if something new comes up. Thanks for your response

Old 07-13-2010, 02:28 PM

46 posts, read 61,199 times
You will get the $11,680 which is the full 20 weeks. I got my first EB check this week, so here is what you need to know. Did you get a yellow fill in job section, because every week you have fill in 3 jobs on 3 different days, company etc and mail that in the Friday before you call.

Today I just found out that Some workshop at unemployment once a week. I am waiting for the details on that.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg1234 View Post
Hello JobZ, No I have not received anything else other than the letter. I have been trying to contact the local office in my area but keep getting the voicemail message that the volume of call is high & cannot take calls at the moment. I am going to keep trying to call at different times of the day & hopefully get through.

If I don't get anything in the mail by tomorrow & can't get talk to anyone, I may try you advice of filing like I use to do & see if it goes through. That cross my mind several times but I was just concerned that the system rejects it & it might screw up the whole thing.

I'll post it here if something new comes up. Thanks for your response

I don't think you can file without the 3 jobs

Old 07-13-2010, 03:06 PM

Thanks for your response Kpisani.

I guess something will be mailed to me before I can do anything.

Did you have to call them or did they automatically mail you the new weekly benefit claim forms & the yellow job forms ? Just trying to get a timeline on when I should get the claim forms from the time I got the White letter of eligibility. Thanks

Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 PM

They should be mailing but here is my secret number - 732-761-2029.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:48 PM

1,044 posts, read 773,995 times
Are you sure you exhausted tier 4? I know, sorry if a silly question, but sounds more like what you would get if you exhausted one of the other tiers. EB letters generally say you are qualified for Extended Benefits, not EUC. When did your original claim start?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:18 PM

Thanks for the response NJ185 & Kpisani.

Yes NJ18, my original claim date was 01-25-09

Yup, my tier 4 was exhausted last month. The last Blue Form ( claim form) that I receive attached to my last check for tier 4 had week ending 07/03/10 but with ZERO balance left with a Claim benefits date of 07/05/10/. But did not call anymore since claim remaining balance stated was 0 (ZERO).

Then, received the White Letter ( Notice of Benefit Extended Unemployment) several days ago.

But have not received any instructions ( or any claim form)on when to call again to claim weekly benefits.

Thanks

Old 07-13-2010, 08:41 PM

1,044 posts, read 773,995 times
A relative's claim started end of Jan'09 --- he just ended tier 3 this week, which is another reason I asked - have you done 79weeks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment