Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:35 AM

28 posts, read 94,684 times

Advertisements

I recieved a letter on 6/26/2010 that I have exhausted my "regular benefits" I thought after that I would be entering tier 1 of EUC08 which is supposto be 20 weeks. I called my local IDES office couple days ago which is only about 5 weeks in EUC08 and they told me I was in Tier 2? Also my biweekly amount increased from 265 to 385 when my EUC08 started? The IDES rep told me everything was correct and in order. Was trieng to get me off the line as quickly as possibly before i could really understand anything which i don't lol. SO only 5 weeks in on EUCO8 after exhausting my "regular benefits" how could i be in tier 2 already?

PLEASE somebody help me understand whats goin on. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 10:07 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIL View Post
I recieved a letter on 6/26/2010 that I have exhausted my "regular benefits" I thought after that I would be entering tier 1 of EUC08 which is supposto be 20 weeks. I called my local IDES office couple days ago which is only about 5 weeks in EUC08 and they told me I was in Tier 2? Also my biweekly amount increased from 265 to 385 when my EUC08 started? The IDES rep told me everything was correct and in order. Was trieng to get me off the line as quickly as possibly before i could really understand anything which i don't lol. SO only 5 weeks in on EUCO8 after exhausting my "regular benefits" how could i be in tier 2 already?

PLEASE somebody help me understand whats goin on. Thanks
When were you laid off ? The exact date.

Is it possible that you did not count every week ?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
When were you laid off ? The exact date.

Is it possible that you did not count every week ?
1/23/2009 was the last day i worked/laid off,But didnt start collecting unemployment till around march of 2009. I exhausted regular benefits than was collecting EUC08 last year but my benefit year was ending on 12/20/2009 They than told me a new claim was filed which I was eligible for so i stopped recieving EUC08 and began regular unemployment all over again. I have been on Regular unemployment till 6/26/2010 5 weeks later, present day i figured wouldbe 1st tier of EUC08? Do you think this is some how relating to last years since i was never able to finish my EUC08? Could that explain the increase from 265-385 which was what i was recieving last year originally? Thank you very much for looking into this.

Last edited by AZIL; 08-02-2010 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: added info+

Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIL View Post
1/23/2009 was the last day i worked/laid off,But didnt start collecting unemployment till around march of 2009. I exhausted regular benefits than was collecting EUC08 last year but my benefit year was ending on 12/20/2009 They than told me a new claim was filed which I was eligible for so i stopped recieving EUC08 and began regular unemployment all over again. I have been on Regular unemployment till 6/26/2010 5 weeks later, present day i figured wouldbe 1st tier of EUC08? Do you think this is some how relating to last years since i was never able to finish my EUC08? Could that explain the increase from 265-385 which was what i was recieving last year originally? Thank you very much for looking into this.
I am stumped as to why you would not have gone on to the next tier but instead opened a new claim and started all over again on a new claim.
Did you have another employer prior to that one that laid you off in the last few years prior to the lay off ?
By rights , you would be : September starting a Tier 1 , collected Tier 1 for 20 weeks, which would put you at : Ending Tier 1 in February and starting Tier 2, Tier 2 you would have collected til June ( more or less 14 weeks ) which would have put you at Tier 3 In June .
Right now you should be on Tier 3 ( depending on your state ) or if Tier 3 was not available you would be on EB . Keeping in mind this extension Fiasco that went on from June to July 22, 2010.

Someone else here who knows more may be able to help

Old 08-02-2010, 10:58 AM

Exactly. I'm very confused on whats going on. If i remember correctly the IDES rep told me last year that if i did not qualify for a new benefit year i would be denied and continue on receiving my last EUC08 tier that I was on since my benefit year was ending. But she said since i worked 1 day last year and met the criteria I was openned into a new benefit year which began 12/20/2009 and ends 12/20/2010

and since it said i exhausted my regular benefits on 6/26/2010 wouldn't i currently be recieving my first tier 1 which is 20 weeks worth? and how would i recieve an increase in my biweekly amount? I read that its supposto be the same biweekly as before?

man this is crazy... Thank you very much for your input. I hope we can figure this out =(

just remembered that all of last year from going on regular benefits to EUC08 my biweekly amount stayed the same. I am possitive that i started a new benefit year because at the beginning of my new benefit year 12/20/2009 I was issued a new biweekly amount that was lower and recieved new papers on my beginning of regular benefits which gave me a total 26weeks which recently ended on 6/26/2010. Than to my understanding was supposto be on tier 1.

Last edited by AZIL; 08-02-2010 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: added info+

Old 08-02-2010, 01:01 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
As I understand it - if they open a new claim for you, once you exhaust the regular benefits on that new claim you are put back onto your original claim until your federal benefits from that claim are exhausted.

That would be why you are getting the same amount as you received from your original claim.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
As I understand it - if they open a new claim for you, once you exhaust the regular benefits on that new claim you are put back onto your original claim until your federal benefits from that claim are exhausted.

That would be why you are getting the same amount as you received from your original claim.
Thats what I was beginning to think. I think you are right but i think last year my regular benefits exhausted mid september going to december. That would be about 3.5 months. So this year I would still be working off my tier one? But I understand we all don't get the full tier weeks depending on the states situation last year which I dont' know.

But this has to be whats going on because really theres no other way how my regular benefits exhausted this year and 5 weeks into this im on tier 2. Also explains the biweekly increase. You may be correct friend. I did call IDES and im sure they know what there doing. Just wish she took the time to explain rather than leave me hanging =(.

Last edited by AZIL; 08-02-2010 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: added info+

Old 08-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:

I found last years UI wage information sheet and you were bullseye I must of had a memory laps on actually entering tier1 than going to tier 2 last year Ok so check this out.

Last year November 2009 I was given $6160.00 tier 2 BUT was only able to collect for 6 weeks = $ 2310.00 since my benefit year ended Dec 20,2009 $6160 - 2310 = 3850. and **drum roll $3850 was my total amount for this year EUC08 amount which is tier 2 HURRAY! now i freakin understand
I still have 1 more question though Tier 2 is supposto be 20 weeks but $6160 comes out to 16 weeks with biweekly at 385. My local IDES agent said that i move into tier 3 mid september 2010 and thats when my $3850 amount runs out. I move into tier 3 =13 weeks since as shown on the IDES website
(EUC – Must exhaust an EUC tier by 11/27/10 to move to the next tier of EUC benefits)
Also after that date will i be able to finish exhausting my tier AND after my benefit year ends on December 20, 2010. From what I understand A new claim will be openned and I should be denied which will let me continue to exhaust my current tier correct?
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out =D

Last edited by AZIL; 08-02-2010 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: added info+

Old 08-02-2010, 03:21 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
It may be that you've already used 4 weeks of that Tier before your new claim was opened? Therefore you are now receiving the "balance" of what was left unused on your Tier from your prior claim.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
It may be that you've already used 4 weeks of that Tier before your new claim was opened? Therefore you are now receiving the "balance" of what was left unused on your Tier from your prior claim.
That has to be right since im moving onto tier 3 =D Do you mind checking out my new question. Thanks

(EUC – Must exhaust an EUC tier by 11/27/10 to move to the next tier of EUC benefits)
Will i get 13 weeks for tier 3? Also after that date will i be able to finish exhausting my tier AND after my benefit year ends on December 20, 2010. From what I understand A new claim will be openned and I should be denied which will let me continue to exhaust my current tier correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment