U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-01-2010, 02:54 AM

100 posts, read 166,183 times

Advertisements

Well, after being excited that payments are on the way, here in CA we got none.
The automated line is saying This Service is Not Available, and nobody knows much. Someone started a thread about it, and that is greatly appreciated, but dang, good thing I found a new mechanic to fix my car for 40 bucks and did not count on that U/I !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 01:03 PM

10 posts, read 8,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lQQkin4fulltime View Post
I haven't got my FAC payments here in GA yet. My retro for the 7 weeks came through but I haven't seen anything regarding FAC. Has anyone else in GA? Do you think that's why they said by Friday? That's when I used to receive my FAC deposit in my bank before. Thanks!
when did your benefit year started?

Old 08-01-2010, 01:57 PM

100 posts, read 166,183 times
Found a new resource with a little information about when checks may go out.
Unemployment checks mailed early as July 28, 2010 -- based on state

Old 08-01-2010, 04:41 PM

5 posts, read 3,285 times
Nothing yet in Ga. but was told when all this started to continue to certify each week which Ihave been doing nad my password still works. I think they said when your password no longer works, you are out of the system.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:52 PM

79 posts, read 125,789 times
Jesus, I think I'm days away from having phone and internet turned off. At this rate I'll be certifying by smoke signal. Le sigh

Old 08-01-2010, 07:11 PM

22 posts, read 24,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise leve View Post
Nothing yet in Ga. but was told when all this started to continue to certify each week which Ihave been doing nad my password still works. I think they said when your password no longer works, you are out of the system.
if you havent already you should call and see if they stopped your payments or something. have you been doing everything required? like submitting job searches, not refusing work...gee, i hope it all works out for you..

Old 08-01-2010, 07:16 PM

my year started on july 26 2009

Old 08-01-2010, 07:20 PM

87 posts, read 153,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise leve View Post
I have a few friends who still haven't gotten their payments either, but were told it would be sometime this week. The 30th date posted on the website was a "best target" date, but they haven't gotten to everyone yet. I'd say if you don't hear anything by Wednesday of this week, you might want to go down to the office.

And yeah, from what I understand, as long as you can still log in, you're still eligible for something. They will turn off your account once you're no longer eligible for anything....or at least they used to do that.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:24 PM

My benefit year ended on july 26. I finished 2nd tier when benefits ran out on june 2, do you know if i will qualfy for the back pay from june 2? I have re-certified for a new year, but have'nt heard anything yet?

Old 08-01-2010, 09:05 PM

3,814 posts, read 8,088,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2224u View Post
My benefit year ended on july 26. I finished 2nd tier when benefits ran out on june 2, do you know if i will qualfy for the back pay from june 2? I have re-certified for a new year, but have'nt heard anything yet?
I responded to this question on the other thread where you posted it:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post15293972

The amount of time it takes to catch up on retro payments varies from state to state. Check your state DOL to see when they will be making retro payments -- or call your local UI office to talk with an agent about the specific status of your account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment