Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochran View Post
I'm talking about the letter that they are supposed to send out concerning the new law that was passed?

You should get it in the mail this week. That's kind of an indicator that you're in the system correctly and to keep a look out.

Is this form of letter suppose to go out to everyone in every state to let them know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 PM

2 posts, read 4,664 times
I had a claim opened (EUC09) in the state of Kentucky. I got two checks then June 2nd came along and of course the payments stopped. Out of curiosity I went ahead and went through the online system to claim the next check and it stated I had no balance left and must file a new claim so figured cause of the June 2nd cut off that I'd just have to wait.

Come finally that the extension was passed the KY ui website stated for everyone to go ahead and start their claims again. I did so and again said I had zero balance and needed to open a new claim so I did. Right now I'm suppose to claim my check on the 4th of August.

Okay so today they update about the retro checks and are telling everyone to call and claim a check for 3 days in a row to get "caught up". I call and I get the message about my account yet again not having a balance. I went through the options though to check my EB status and it states so far I've been credited for almost 2 weeks (for the check to claim on Aug 4th I assume).

Has anyone else in Kentucky run into this dilemma? I'm not sure if maybe they are still keying in data and the just haven't got to me or what. I haven't received any letter or further instructions than what is given on the website.

The way Kentucky is doing this though is extremely confusing none the least!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 AM

3 posts, read 5,647 times
hmmm... No letter and No checks received yet. Starting to get a little worried now since reading other posts from members in GA getting their payments already. Guess I'll just wait til the 30th and call if still no news.

Has anyone in GA still not received their letters or payments yet ?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:13 AM

87 posts, read 282,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwaitinginGA View Post
hmmm... No letter and No checks received yet. Starting to get a little worried now since reading other posts from members in GA getting their payments already. Guess I'll just wait til the 30th and call if still no news.

Has anyone in GA still not received their letters or payments yet ?
What part of GA do you live in?

My Career Center is the North Metro one.

Also, based on the above, I'm assuming that you have checks mailed to you and not direct deposit, correct?

Old 07-29-2010, 05:33 AM

79 posts, read 231,071 times
What's worse than being unemployed?

Being unemployed in Florida.

Still can't claim, and still no letter, and also according to this guy's blog a whole lot of Florida is like that right now.

This time when I reached the State of Florida Agency for Workforce Innovation phone line, a helpful gal by the name of LaToya told me that “…as of yet we have no information on the details of the new program so I can’t tell you whether you qualify for the extension or not”.

I pressed my cause and asked LaToya how it could be that a vote that had the nation riveted and in-fighting for nearly a month had finally passed and Florida didn’t quite seem to know what’s going on?

The Miami Herald did run a report in which Director Cynthia Lorenzo stated that, “We anticipate that within two weeks of receiving guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor, we will begin issuing payments”.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,277 times
Default Nothing in missouri

No letter , no money , no help..............The DOL lines do not even open untill 8:00 a.m and I can call any hour of the day and it says " All of our representatives are busy and our hold line are full, please call back between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m.." I called at 3,4,5,6,7,8, and it says the same thing..............fingers are crossed in the Ozarks...

Old 07-29-2010, 08:17 AM

9 posts, read 21,359 times
Still no deposits into my bank accounts from Massachusetts Department of Labor. It's been three weeks. I'm on Tier 4 into my third week. Very nervous on whether or not I'll qualify for EB

Old 07-29-2010, 09:07 AM

225 posts, read 546,526 times
I haven't got my FAC payments here in GA yet. My retro for the 7 weeks came through but I haven't seen anything regarding FAC. Has anyone else in GA? Do you think that's why they said by Friday? That's when I used to receive my FAC deposit in my bank before. Thanks!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:30 AM

87 posts, read 282,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lQQkin4fulltime View Post
I haven't got my FAC payments here in GA yet. My retro for the 7 weeks came through but I haven't seen anything regarding FAC. Has anyone else in GA? Do you think that's why they said by Friday? That's when I used to receive my FAC deposit in my bank before. Thanks!
FAC usually comes in by direct deposit a day or two later.....or at least for my bank (Suntrust) it does.

Usually, I'll get the UI payment on Wed and then the FAC by Friday.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:36 AM

225 posts, read 546,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochran View Post
FAC usually comes in by direct deposit a day or two later.....or at least for my bank (Suntrust) it does.

Usually, I'll get the UI payment on Wed and then the FAC by Friday.

Mhmm, same here, I never got a letter though. I got my payment before I even got notification about a payment. Ha. Just thought I'd ask as you can't really tell if you're going to get it by looking at the "inquiry" page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment