U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 12:04 AM

2 posts, read 9,133 times

Advertisements

Why do people have to be so negative on purpose? Things can go wrong, especially with this issue. Maybe I should be more specific. Has anybody from Indiana who had to reapply at the end of the benefit year, did so entirely online? What are the potential issues of doing it online? I would have to think that work one would prefer people to use the online system instead of calling in or going to the center. I just want to avoid problems and just want to know what to expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 12:10 AM

726 posts, read 1,199,582 times
just an fyi, the wait is long at all the unemployment offices but call them before doing anything. Some states do not require you to go through the process of reapplying, they'll look at your wages, look at your weekly claims and verify you haven't returned to work. It's much quicker than filing a whole new claim if you haven't returned to work.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:33 AM

6,608 posts, read 6,973,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossplaya View Post
Why do people have to be so negative on purpose? Things can go wrong, especially with this issue. Maybe I should be more specific. Has anybody from Indiana who had to reapply at the end of the benefit year, did so entirely online? What are the potential issues of doing it online? I would have to think that work one would prefer people to use the online system instead of calling in or going to the center. I just want to avoid problems and just want to know what to expect.
I don't see the "negativity on purpose" you're complaining about. People are just telling you what the situation IS.

I agree with choosing - if you haven't worked at all since you filed your claim it's MUCH wiser to call and speak to an agent who can verify that and re-open your claim at the time you call rather than go through the whole process of "filing a new claim" online, as most UE online systems aren't set up to accomodate the whole still eligible after the BYE thing.

Their systems were set up to be used to file a new claim in "normal" times where people weren't eligible for UE on their original claim after a full year.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Status: "Still Contracted, 4 Years and counting." (set 3 days ago)

1,828 posts, read 2,939,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossplaya View Post
I did my second year online and ended up having to call them anyways as it screwed up my certification process. I think you are better off doing it over the phone for the second year.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:11 AM

14 posts, read 46,629 times
I called last month and refiled via phone. I asked the rep if it mattered if I did it over the phone or on online, she said it was quicker over the phone, as she approved it right then and there. If I did it online, it would not be approved until a rep looked at it- which could be up to 10 days. She also said it was a good thing that I did contact them one way or another, as my payments would have stopped if I had waited for them to contact me.

Your mileage may vary.........

Old 09-08-2010, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,020 times
Is it the same in Kansas when your benefit year ends. Mine ended 8/28/10. It de-activated my claim online but KS sent me a denial letter for new benefits since I have not worked in the last year. SOO, I should get back on my EUC tier II where I left off. BUT this has not happened yet online. Anyone know how long it takes?? Hopefully not 8 weeks like it did for them to get current after the EUC deadline was extended. Please no one suggest calling the unemployment line. It is an absolute JOKE, haven't gotten thru for literally 3 weeks....

Old 02-06-2011, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,648 times
My benefit year ended yesterday. I am on tier 2. What do I need to do?

Old 02-06-2011, 01:28 PM

14,390 posts, read 19,207,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammi S Brown View Post
My benefit year ended yesterday. I am on tier 2. What do I need to do?
You need to call or visit your unemployment office to recertify your claim. You will not receive any further benefits until you do. Do not attempt to do this online if your state's website offers "file a new claim" option. It will confuse their computers. Check any recent correspondence you've received from your state for instructions. They might have sent you an alert that your benefit year was ending.

In WI, we do not need to call. Continuing to claim triggers the recertification, but ours is only one of a couple of states that does that.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:46 AM

4 posts, read 4,846 times
Today when I claimed my NC unemployment week ending 5/26 after claiming the week, it stated my unemployment claim expired 5/26..Will I get paid the week ending 5/26 and can i refile on line or do i have to call customer service as indicated if any questions please call cs...

Old 05-27-2012, 12:39 PM

14,390 posts, read 19,207,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judah06 View Post
Today when I claimed my NC unemployment week ending 5/26 after claiming the week, it stated my unemployment claim expired 5/26..Will I get paid the week ending 5/26 and can i refile on line or do i have to call customer service as indicated if any questions please call cs...
Impossible to comment until you tell us:
  1. Date of Claim
  2. Is this your only claim
  3. Have you been working while collecting benefits
  4. Have you collected any EUC (federal extensions) - if so, when.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment