U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-11-2010, 05:04 AM

6 posts, read 9,002 times
Default VA EUC...claim confusion.

I'm running into a strange situation with my unemployment compensation and thought I'd see if anyone else has gone through this as well.

My Tier I expired the last week in June. After the extension was approved, I'd assumed I'd be going into Tier II. Last week the VEC deposited a payment into my bank account. At that point I was thinking that the ball has started rolling.
At the end of July, I get a letter stating that my benefit year ending date is 7/31/10. The letter stated that I needed to file again for the new benefit year. OK, I go through that process again.

This is where it gets really confusing. I had one letter stating that my benefit is amount is XXXX, letter arrived 2 weeks ago. This week I get a letter stating that my benefit amount is different. The 2nd letter is showing my benefit ending date as 7/30/2011. I'm starting to wonder what is up with this.

This morning I called the automated line to check on the status of my claim, the message is telling me that this weeks claim cannot be processed because of an outstanding issue. What the heck is going on?

Another side note, when I was filling out the claims for the first time since the end of June, I was presented with about 5-6 weeks worth of information to fill out. When filling out the claim form online one of the questions would ask how many job contacts I made, and then had fields in the form so that I could enter my job contact information. This time around, those fields were not there. Are they not requiring me to provide job contact information on Tier II?

This is getting confusing...guess I need to call VEC to find out what is going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 06:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,135 times
I have the EXACT same issue. Literally. I'm tier I going into tier II, my BYE date was Aug 14th. They also didn't have the blanks for me to fill out my job contact info. Yesterday I called to find out where the heck my money was, and they said that I was on my "holding week". Then I call today and theres an "outstanding issue". Did you ever find out what was going on??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment