U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-11-2010, 07:09 PM
 
28 posts, read 70,438 times
Reputation: 19

Advertisements

I just recieved a letter about my eligibility for tier 3 benefits and according to this... "The last week for which extended benefits may be paid is the week ending 04/30/2011."

According to the ides.state.il website the

*Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC) – Must exhaust regular benefits by 11/20/10 to be placed on
*EUC – Must exhaust an EUC tier by 11/27/10 to move to the next tier of EUC benefits.
*Extended Benefits (EB) will terminate in Illinois 12/4/10. No payments on EB will be made for weeks ending after this date.
*FAC - For those who are currently receiving these payments, this program ends with the week ending 12/11/10.

]http://www.ides.state.il.us/pdf/news/99weeks.pdf

*******Were the expiration dates changed recently? Does this mean since my tier 3 ends 12/13/2010 before my benefit year ends on 12/20/2010 will I be able to enter tier 4? Denied a new claim to finish tier 4?
]Also the information about the FAC from the IDES website is on the letter I recieved also. Which just makes me confused about the 4/30/2011 date. I hope im not horribly confused and making an a** of myself.
Thanks in advance for you help.

Last edited by AZIL; 09-11-2010 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: +
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-11-2010, 08:05 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
3,814 posts, read 8,072,459 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIL View Post
I just recieved a letter about my eligibility for tier 3 benefits and according to this... "The last week for which extended benefits may be paid is the week ending 04/30/2011."

According to the ides.state.il website the

*Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC) Must exhaust regular benefits by 11/20/10 to be placed on
*EUC Must exhaust an EUC tier by 11/27/10 to move to the next tier of EUC benefits.
*Extended Benefits (EB) will terminate in Illinois 12/4/10. No payments on EB will be made for weeks ending after this date.
*FAC - For those who are currently receiving these payments, this program ends with the week ending 12/11/10.

]http://www.ides.state.il.us/pdf/news/99weeks.pdf

*******Were the expiration dates changed recently? Does this mean since my tier 3 ends 12/13/2010 before my benefit year ends on 12/20/2010 will I be able to enter tier 4? Denied a new claim to finish tier 4?
]Also the information about the FAC from the IDES website is on the letter I recieved also. Which just makes me confused about the 4/30/2011 date. I hope im not horribly confused and making an a** of myself.
Thanks in advance for you help.
You've raised four different issues in your post:
(1) EUC Tiers/Eligibility cut-off dates - The most recently passed federal legislation extended the eligibility cut-off dates for the EUC Tiers to the end of November 2010. As stated on the Illinois website you reference, the latest you can move from one Tier to the next is November 27. That means you must exhaust your current Tier on or before Saturday, November 27, because Sunday, November 28 is the last day you can start a new Tier. Since you say you won't exhaust Tier III until December, you will not be eligible to move to Tier IV. That has nothing to do with when you complete your benefit year.

(2) EUC Tiers/Expiration date - The expiration date of the EUC Tiers program is different than the eligibility cut-off dates. The expiration date is the last day on which benefits will be paid by the program -- currently that is April 30, 2011. Typically, the expiration date is about five months after the eligibility cut-off dates -- which gives anyone who starts the longest Tier (20 weeks) on the last eligible date enough time to collect all 20 weeks, assuming you collect your full benefit each week.

(3) EB/Expiration date - At this time, EB is 100% federally funded through the end of November 2010. Illinois -- like many other states -- discontinues EB when the 100% federal funding expires. Illinois is alerting you to the fact that regardless of when you begin EB, you will receive no further EB payments after December 4, 2010. This December 4 expiration date is the EB equivalent of the April 30, 2011, expiration date set for the EUC Tiers.

(4) FAC/Expiration date - The FAC program was not extended by the recent legislation, so you must have filed your claim for regular unemployment benefits before the end of May 2010 to qualify for the $25 weekly FAC payment. If you are already collecting the FAC, that program will expire on December 11, 2010 -- no further FAC payments will be made after that date.

The eligibility cut-off dates and expiration dates I have noted above are all current. For these dates to be extended, Congress must enact new legislation with new dates. You can follow legislation developments on numerous other threads here in the Unemployment Forum.

In the meantime, if you have specific questions about your individual eligibility for further UI benefits, you should contact your local UI office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 01:32 AM
 
28 posts, read 70,438 times
Reputation: 19
Thank you very very much for your extemely clear answer diorgirl. I completely understand now yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 07:08 AM
 
140 posts, read 360,124 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIL View Post
Thank you very very much for your extemely clear answer diorgirl. I completely understand now yay!
Yeah, me too! She's amazing isn't she? And she is here on the unemployment board when all you get when you call the Unemployment office are people who have no idea what's going on. Something is very wrong with this picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 03:59 PM
 
4,876 posts, read 5,766,798 times
Reputation: 3451
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
You've raised four different issues in your post:
(1) EUC Tiers/Eligibility cut-off dates - The most recently passed federal legislation extended the eligibility cut-off dates for the EUC Tiers to the end of November 2010. As stated on the Illinois website you reference, the latest you can move from one Tier to the next is November 27. That means you must exhaust your current Tier on or before Saturday, November 27, because Sunday, November 28 is the last day you can start a new Tier. Since you say you won't exhaust Tier III until December, you will not be eligible to move to Tier IV. That has nothing to do with when you complete your benefit year.

(2) EUC Tiers/Expiration date - The expiration date of the EUC Tiers program is different than the eligibility cut-off dates. The expiration date is the last day on which benefits will be paid by the program -- currently that is April 30, 2011. Typically, the expiration date is about five months after the eligibility cut-off dates -- which gives anyone who starts the longest Tier (20 weeks) on the last eligible date enough time to collect all 20 weeks, assuming you collect your full benefit each week.

(3) EB/Expiration date - At this time, EB is 100% federally funded through the end of November 2010. Illinois -- like many other states -- discontinues EB when the 100% federal funding expires. Illinois is alerting you to the fact that regardless of when you begin EB, you will receive no further EB payments after December 4, 2010. This December 4 expiration date is the EB equivalent of the April 30, 2011, expiration date set for the EUC Tiers.

(4) FAC/Expiration date - The FAC program was not extended by the recent legislation, so you must have filed your claim for regular unemployment benefits before the end of May 2010 to qualify for the $25 weekly FAC payment. If you are already collecting the FAC, that program will expire on December 11, 2010 -- no further FAC payments will be made after that date.

The eligibility cut-off dates and expiration dates I have noted above are all current. For these dates to be extended, Congress must enact new legislation with new dates. You can follow legislation developments on numerous other threads here in the Unemployment Forum.

In the meantime, if you have specific questions about your individual eligibility for further UI benefits, you should contact your local UI office.
Diorgirl : Beautifully Spoken and Understood !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 12:50 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
3,814 posts, read 8,072,459 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMMER777777 View Post
right on...basically bro, if u start Any Tier By Nov 30, u can finish That Tier
Wrong -- You have to start the Tiers on or before the specific eligibility cut-off dates before November 30.

This means that you must exhaust your regular benefits on or before Saturday, November 20, because Sunday, November 21, is the last day you can begin Tier I.

If you are already collecting a Tier, you must exhaust that Tier on or before Saturday, November 27, because Sunday, November 28, is the last day you can move to another Tier.

You will be eligible to collect the weekly payments for the Tiers you begin before these eligibility cut-off dates, through April 30, 3011 when the EUC Program expires.
No Tier payments will be made after that date, regardless of the balance in your UI account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 11:41 AM
 
163 posts, read 368,395 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
Wrong -- You have to start the Tiers on or before the specific eligibility cut-off dates before November 30.

This means that you must exhaust your regular benefits on or before Saturday, November 20, because Sunday, November 21, is the last day you can begin Tier I.

If you are already collecting a Tier, you must exhaust that Tier on or before Saturday, November 27, because Sunday, November 28, is the last day you can move to another Tier.

You will be eligible to collect the weekly payments for the Tiers you begin before these eligibility cut-off dates, through April 30, 3011 when the EUC Program expires.
No Tier payments will be made after that date, regardless of the balance in your UI account.

This was a typo, right?

Just to be clear- 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 02:53 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
3,814 posts, read 8,072,459 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettebup47 View Post
This was a typo, right?

Just to be clear- 2011
LOL! OOPS! Absolutely a typo -- definitely 2011! Thanks for noting it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 AM
 
5 posts, read 9,750 times
Reputation: 10
Sure is nice to find someone that knows what they are talking about. Thank you for your time and effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM
 
2 posts, read 7,267 times
Reputation: 10
diorgirl, I'm on EB in Ohio, I assumed the last week you could file for was the week ending the 4th; so I could file as usual on Sunday December 5th and that would be it. When I was applying for the EB, the guy on the phone said the last week you could file for was the week ending Nov 27. They have been wrong alot of times when I've talked to them before, it seems odd they would use "week ending" Dec 4th and not Nov 27th in all the information on the Ohio JFS site.

Am I right you can be paid for the week of November 29~December 4?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top