U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 12:26 PM

13,027 posts, read 15,801,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistereric View Post
Now I am getting, Your claim has been processed, continue to file your claim. Does that mean I will recieve uc benifits in PA?
No way of knowing, yet. You will receive something from PA this week, I would think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,261 times
I have had the same problem. I was let go due to slow sales and have had the same message "issue on claim with review" for 5 weeks now. Everytime I call I get (after 2 hours) it will be 4-6 weeks to review...How can they let people go months without help when this whole system was developed to help get you through the few months untill you get another career going...unbelivable...by the time I get a check I will already be working again!!!

Old 11-04-2011, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,158 times
Has the op received any new information on his status? I as well have the message that it's under review but my employer is not fighting my claim. I left due to personal circumstances but my employer and I are in great standing and will do whatever they can to help out me and my family. It has been 5 weeks and that same message still appears. I contacted the unemployment office but they told me that it is at the mercy of when my claim is seen. Does anyone have any experience as to how long this process takes?

Old 11-04-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despr8 View Post
Has the op received any new information on his status? I as well have the message that it's under review but my employer is not fighting my claim. I left due to personal circumstances but my employer and I are in great standing and will do whatever they can to help out me and my family. It has been 5 weeks and that same message still appears. I contacted the unemployment office but they told me that it is at the mercy of when my claim is seen. Does anyone have any experience as to how long this process takes?
For some reason, lately, PA has been very slow getting regular unemployment benefits rolling. Processing initial claims, even if there is a question, should not take more than two weeks. I assume your employer has replied to PA inquiries promptly and correctly. If even one box is incorrectly marked, the payment of benefits will be delayed. Check with your former employer as to what they returned and when.

Another example. Recently PA qualified for resumption of HUP payments, beginning Nov. 14th. Their website states that claimants might need to wait as long as 11/26 before receiving appropriate paperwork necessary to resume HUP which payments should begin 11/14. That is ridiculous. PA knew on October 21st that HUP would resume on 11/06. Why does it take them five weeks to notify eligible claimants? Not mention the paperwork turnaround and additional delays until data is entered into their computers so benefits can be paid. Something is wrong in that office.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 6,158 times
I called the uc office for the third time yesterday and waited the 60 min. The rep told me that currently if your case needs to be reviewed (in my case because I quit) the average wait time is now 8-10 weeks from the time you opened your claim. When I spoke to her yesterday my claim stated online that there was an issue and no payment could be made until all issues were resolved. I conveyed to her that I had recently received an eviction notice and if there was n e thing I could do to speed up the process. She was very sympathetic to my situation and put me on hold. When she returned she said she gave my file to her supervisor and they would try and have it seen as soon as they could. When I logged on today it now says your initial claim has been processed continue to file your biweekly claims. Again I ask if the op has had an update on his situation as it seems there are many people going through the same thing. As for me I am almost seven weeks in and today is the first change on my account. Anyone with any info on how long after this it takes to receive payment or if this means I am accepted would be greatly appreciated. I will update my status once I find out how this will play out.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:05 PM

I will say it again. Everyone in PA needs to write the governor and their state legislators on these impossible delays.

Despr, even if you get your money in the next few days, you need to complain about this. PA's unemployment rate is ticking up, again. Gov. Corbett is newly-elected, is he not? Probably his Admin is not on top of things. Often the heads of the state DOLs are appointed. In WI, we are now on our 4th head of DWD since January. These appointees are generally unfamiliar with how their departments work. Finally, our Gov. appointed someone from within the Dept. of Workforce Dev. to take over after the other three resigned.

Politics. Not representing the people at all.

Write your gov and state legislators.

When I had my payment recalculated, six weeks had gone by and the data had STILL not been entered into the system. It was only after I wrote our previous Gov. that I got results. Within two days of my email to the Gov., I got a call directly from the Gov's office AND all back payments direct deposited to my account.

You have to make noise.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 526 times
The meaning under review means a UC rep needs to investigate the reasons that you were filing they say file you bi weekly claim it means keep filing until they are done reviewing your case. The resolving issues that payment can not be made until the situation is resolved means that the UC rep has caught a problem on a claim it could be a wage problem meaning a employer may or may not of calculated the right amount of pay salaries or the year to date is not caught by the UC office or the employer is fighting the claim and that they need additional information from you either from a statement or a phone call that is made by the office. They usually want a statement down on paper and notarized by a notary that the statement is true to your knowledge.
And the meaning of being processed means that it was approved and payment can be made in the next 3 to 4 days in your checking or savings account or on a payday card or a state issued pay card.

If the claim is being processed and no funds are in your account within a week notify the UC office by calling the 1-800 number on the website explain to them your reasons for calling and they should be able to help you.In many cases your last four digits of your ssn number is your calling day they will let you know by the message they have recorded on the UC messages . Disclaimers as well will be issued to you as well.

If your employer fights your UC benefits the UC office will have a hearing in the mean time the filing dates remain the same but the funds will be put on hold until they find out the real reason of your UC claim if fraud is occurred they will fine or take the amount of your owed monies out of your wages if your already collecting. If your not the claim will be denied and you need to file for a appeal with in 30 business days.It goes by how many calendar days you have worked and if the reasons for your UC claim is justified in many cases you can collect funds if the meaning of the claim is truthful so always state the truth if found you lied they will take your claim away and deny all future claims.

The weeks to wait for the claim and funds can be 3 to 10 business days but it can he held off until 3 to 4 weeks. In a few days you will receive a letter that states how much you can collect and when to file . You also will get a acceptance letter as well and when to file. The slow periods of the UC office is causing claims to be really reviewed it is not because they are slow it is because they are under G.O.P cuts and they are now required to really review claims under the patriot act. The law may slow down claims by a few days. The cuts may effect all filers in some way it may cut your payments or deny payments.

In the mean time if you are unemployed and log on to the Job Gateway file for assistance at the local welfare office explain to them that you are not sure able your UC benefits they can file for emergency assistance. Tell them you already applied to the Job Gateway and your willing to get training if needed. They will help with rent, utilities and food as well as medical insurance. They will also help with monies if you need emergency help for personal items like shampoo and toiletries, fuel for your transportation or transportation needs such as buses or cabs to get around for looking for employment or helping you get to work if needed.It is not meant to be used for fast food or luxuries such as dining out or entertainment.

I would wait for one week that would be your UC waiting week. If your claim is still not being processed or approved you can call but there will be another waiting period before you can get your funds into your bank account. The Reps do not have to tell you about your claim in detail they can only tell you if it was approved or not approved and that they will call with in 10 business days or mail a paper for you to sign and statement for UC reasons. The matter of saying that the UC office is slow is not the case all persons are listed as clients under the UC office guidelines and all recipients are case by case basis. Perjury is against the law so if your found that you lie you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law or pay backs of your monies that they have approved you and given you must be paid back they will place a lien on your taxes or sell off your personal items such as sheriff sale of personal items if the amount is over 500.00 the sheriff sale can only take what is owed. If the judgement is set place either wage garnishment will be placed or you will spend time in jail first time offenders will spend at least two years in jail and probation with fines that has to be payable to the state.

All court fees are your responsibility if you lose your case. You can re appeal your case after 10 days your case that is lost but if you were arrested you can re appeal or have your spouse re appeal for you with in 30 business days.

They do tell you it is not a right to claim UC benefits and it is not a privilege it is under a case by case basis.
Remember there is many reasons why a person can claim if it was not under your control and you were not fired . If you were fired the reasons for UC benefits can vary due to reasons not under your control meaning if they fired you for bad weather reasons or for other reasons such as points or health and it was not your fault it could be approved. You always need to remember it is a case by case basis and not everyone has the same problems as you. The first come first basis theory is not true.

But if you were downsized and laid off UC benefits will be approved with no problem that is up the the UC office and your caseworker to decide.

If the employer does not fight your claim there should be no problem but if the employer does then your funds will be on hold . Processing means it was approved and your waiting on your funds to be deposited in your account in a few days . Other wise you need to wait to see if the funds are in your account if not then you need to call the UC office or go on to the website at [url]www.uc.pa.gov[/url]
The information and contact numbers are on that site.

Last edited by Kristylee34; 04-03-2014 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment