U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 10-15-2010, 09:25 PM

3 posts, read 21,965 times
Default Help Please?? Confused??? " Issue with claim message??

This is for PA UC.

Ok A few months ago I quit my job due to the working conditions being extremely unsafe for almost a year. I talked to the manager and boss several times about getting a new car/truck lift installed. (I'm an auto-mechanic). This all starts at the beginning of 09. The lift I was working with was air operated and it would drop down. A car almost fell on one of the other mechanics there and since he was working there for plenty of years before me, he decided he would work on the lift in the back (the one I was working on). So in other words, I was left with the semi-functional lift. Every time I put a car up in the air, I would have to run to the lift, put a safety stand underneath of it to hold up all of the cars weight. (The air would leak out from a pipe or seal underground) So the only thing the car was supported with was a stand. I could not adjust my lift to working height unless I wanted to spend 5 minutes doing so. (Going to the lever, filling the tank with air that was completely drained out waiting it to fill and lift the car from 0 air pressure to enough to slowly lift the car, stick a bolt through the safety stand for the level I wanted hoping I do it in time otherwise the car would start to drop from the lift loosing air pressure) Eventually after time the safety stands legs started carving and taking pieces of the concrete away because the cars that were being held up were putting this thing into the ground. I would have to place the 3 legs of the safety stand exactly in the concrete otherwise when the cars weight was applied to it and if it was not in place the safety stand would twist and has almost popped out leaving me underneath of it and the whole car to come crashing down. I have pictures of this lift and the safety stand underneath of it. I could even take pictures of the concrete floor that was dug out after about a year of use. Not only was it extremely unsafe as the lift did not function properly, lifting the 40 pound jackstand every time I wanted to lower the car or keep it up in the air was a big pain in the ass)

I consistently was on the bosses ass and my managers to replace the lift. They kept promising me a new lift but after months passed by I figured it was not going to come true) I would even work harder and stay late to bring more money into the business with possibility of the lift getting replaced. It did not. After months and months of smoke getting blown up my A$% I told them I was going to look for a new employer with safe equipment. (The lift wasn't the only thing broken there)

I was extremely consistent with them and they just did not listen. If OSHA went through that place it would get shut down. I worked for this employer on the payroll for 4 1/2 years and the last year I worked for them was the worst with the equipment falling apart. The place is probably going on 35 years now.

Either way, I filed a claim with PA UC and the 17th will be my 2nd Biweekly claim with them. (4 weeks of filing) I have not heard one thing from them and experience a weird message when I log into their webpage.
My AB date is 9/19/2010.

The message is "There is an issue on your claim which is currently being reviewed. Payment cannot be made until all issues are resolved. Please continue to file your biweekly claims."

They already have mailed me financial determination and a debit card.

I have tried to contact them but I get the lines too busy message and we'll call you back. The next day they called me back at 7:28 in the morning. Go figure. I tried calling back that next day, waited in line again for them to call me back to receive not one word. No phone calls.

I am pretty disappointed if I cannot collect because I legitimately had a good reason to quit my work. Every day my life was in danger. I was put at risk with this semi-functional but totally screwed up automotive lift. I had no other options and they would not work something out with me.

If anybody has any experience with quitting and filing a claim or know any reason why that message might come up please, let me know.

I don't know if that means the employer is fighting me or what. They always told me you cannot collect if you quit which a few months later I found out to be false. I'm not trying to get back at them or anything I just have no funds coming in and a job is proving extremely hard to get at these times.

I appreciate any feedback or input, thanks a lot

-eric

Last edited by nchz; 10-15-2010 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-15-2010, 11:01 PM

12,376 posts, read 14,392,782 times
PA is very liberal in why it will allow a quit. From what you describe, the working conditions are unsafe.

Clearly, your employer is contesting your claim. Keep trying to contact the unemployment people. If there is an office you can visit, that may be less frustrating than phone tag. They may need a hearing/interview before they make a final determination.

Unread 10-17-2010, 01:39 AM

3 posts, read 21,965 times
Amber, yesterday, Saturday 10/16/2010, I logged into their site and it now says

Your initial claim has been processed. Please file your biweekly claims as instructed.

I do not know if this means if I was denied or what the deal is.

I've been trying to call them and I do not have a reliable enough vehicle to get there. its about 40 miles away from me (the UC office)

In 2 hours I will be filing my 2nd bi weekly claim since I have signed up for UC.

I am just wondering what the deal is and if I am denied or what not based upon the message though, it kind of sounds like I am accepted?

Unread 10-28-2010, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 10,123 times
Default just curious.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchz View Post

Your initial claim has been processed. Please file your biweekly claims as instructed.

I've been trying to call them and I do not have a reliable enough vehicle to get there. its about 40 miles away from me (the UC office)

In 2 hours I will be filing my 2nd bi weekly claim since I have signed up for UC.

I am just wondering what the deal is and if I am denied or what not based upon the message though, it kind of sounds like I am accepted?

hey im goin thru the same thing, and now mine also says it has been proccessed.... just courious did u find anything out yet?

Unread 10-28-2010, 05:42 PM

4,825 posts, read 4,780,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchz View Post

First of all , you were right to quit an unsafe job when you asked your employer to repeatedly repair an unsafe mechanism.

I hope your newest above letter means your claim was accepted and being processed.

A couple of things might have happened : They were reviewing your claim and finally processed after examining the claim .

Or they have decided to push it through but your employer might squak about it later.

Keep filing your weekly claims. Never stop doing that unless you are instructed to do so.

I hope everything works out for you Just in case , be sure to save all proof you have of the mechanism failure ( because you can BET your employer will deny it for fear of getting shut down ) IF they deny you I would call OSHA and let them go inside and look at the faulty equipment .

Good Luck

Unread 07-15-2011, 02:12 PM

2 posts, read 18,291 times
I was fired from my job due to another employee's wrong statement about what time I left a job site. My boss had been on my back saying I wasn't a company man as well. She was out to fire me for a long time. I filed a claim with PA becaused I worked in PA but live in Delaware. I recieved a debit card and am finacially eligible to recieve Unemployment. I am getting there is a issue that has to be resolved on my claim. How long will it be before I know anything?

Unread 07-15-2011, 03:58 PM

12,376 posts, read 14,392,782 times
No doubt your employer is contesting your claim. Although you have a debit card, PA will be contacting you for a telephone interview. Most likely you will be getting a phone call or letter next week. If you don't, call PA and ask about status. Based on an earlier post in this thread, plan for a two-four week delay at least, if not longer.

Since you have a time card dispute, PA will most likely initially find for your employer and, at the very least, institute a six-week misconduct penalty before you can receive benefits. You, of course, can appeal any decision.

Continue to file your claims as usual throughout this process - no matter how long it takes. It is important to keep current in the system.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 07-15-2011 at 04:10 PM..

Unread 07-15-2011, 06:16 PM

189 posts, read 400,214 times
i feel you on those older lifts i dropped a F150 when ours finally gave out hopefully you have some documentation

Unread 07-15-2011, 11:30 PM

25 posts, read 864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6864 View Post
i feel you on those older lifts i dropped a F150 when ours finally gave out hopefully you have some documentation
unbelievable

Unread 07-25-2011, 08:41 AM

2 posts, read 18,291 times
Now I am getting, Your claim has been processed, continue to file your claim. Does that mean I will recieve uc benifits in PA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment