Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 05:33 PM

189 posts, read 965,251 times

Advertisements

I haven't had trouble getting through, either. You go through the "file or open a new claim" option on the phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 12:36 PM

4 posts, read 10,300 times
Help-I opened my original a claim in april 1008-I got awarded 26 weeks of state and collected 7 weeeks of it and then went back to work.I then got laid off again and collected the final states 19 weeks.State 26 weeks ended Jan 1st 2008,I then applied for my first extension and collected 13 weeks of it until april10-2009 and then was informed that i need to apply for a new state claim on april 10-2010.I reapplied for my state and got awarded 26 weeks of state again.I drew 21 weeks of it and went back to work 10-08-2009.worked until12-30-2009.Jan 1 2010 i re opened my state and collected last 5 weeks of my state and then started my fed extension again on feb 5 2010-i then drew 8 more weeks of my fed until april 10th again which i had to open up another state clain.opened up state on april 10 and was awarded 12 weeks of state . I drew the 12 weeks of state and then went back on my fed ex july 4 2010.I then collected 19 more weeks of my fed till nov 14 when i went back to work.I worked until jan 21-2011 and started collecting my fed again until they said it ran out march 5 2011.my question is i only collected 47 weeks of my fed ex from 04 -10-2008 to 3-05-2011 any help???????

Old 06-17-2011, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,295 times
What happens if you run out of benefits from an extended claim off of your original claim which you did not use. Can you still apply for a 2nd extension?

Old 07-07-2011, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,937 times
Default unemployment ?

My unemployment ran out 5/28/2011 in CA. I just received a letter from CA EDD that I am not eligible for first federal extension. Reason, last date a first federal extension can begin is Nov 28, 2010. I thought CA extended unemployment due to high unemployment numbers in the state. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks

Old 07-07-2011, 12:30 PM

330 posts, read 1,454,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvychevyla View Post
My unemployment ran out 5/28/2011 in CA. I just received a letter from CA EDD that I am not eligible for first federal extension. Reason, last date a first federal extension can begin is Nov 28, 2010. I thought CA extended unemployment due to high unemployment numbers in the state. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks
What happen between 5/28/11 and now?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 AM

2 posts, read 4,618 times
I thought the 99 weeks ended sometime ago. Here is the breakdown from EDD page

[url]http://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/Federal_Unemployment_Insurance_Extensions.htm[/url]

Regardless of when your regular claim or extension benefits start, December 29, 2012, will be the last week ending date that EDD can pay federal extension (Tiers 1 – 4) benefits to eligible unemployed workers, even if someone is currently unemployed or has a remaining balance on their federal extension.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,318 times
Hi all, I hope you guys can help me. I got my last check from the 26 state weeks on Dec 3. The last claim has the message that you have 0 funds and your extension application will be processed automatically. After that I got a claim (with the X in the search for job question) for the next two weeks. So far I haven't gotten any money nor response from them. I called and them told me I am suppose to get a letter on Wednesday. I think there are two possibilities: I filled the claim wrong or I was rejected for the extension. What do you guys think? Does EDD send the first extension claim and after reject the extension or just send the rejection letter after the last claim? Thanks!!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8B View Post
Thanks for the help people.

I am currently in the same situation Renee74. I received my last check today [1-week pay] and the form states "Not a Claim Form". With the following information: "You have received all benefits payable on your claim. You may qualify for extended benefits. If you qualify, the claim will automatically be filled. No action is needed on your part. You will be notified by mail of your eligibility. Your claim balance after this payment is $0.00."

Is it normal not to have the continued claim form for the extension attached to your last check? If so, I'm assuming I should expect the continued claims form to arrive separately this week?

Thank you all for any help.

This same thing happened to me !!! I'm freaking out !! What does this mean?

Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM

25,597 posts, read 56,282,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaleem View Post
This same thing happened to me !!! I'm freaking out !! What does this mean?

Quote:
Is it normal not to have the continued claim form for the extension attached to your last check?
Yes, it is normal.

Quote:
If so, I'm assuming I should expect the continued claims form to arrive separately this week?
Yes.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:28 PM

3 posts, read 3,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Yes, it is normal.

Yes.
I just received a continued claim form a week AFTER i got my last REGULAR benefit check. The difference is that now the box for question 3 "Did you look for work?" has an X on it now, meaning that i have to complete the back side of the form to show my work search.

The form states:

"This form is being sent to you to bring your claim up to date. If you wish to claim benefits for this period, please complete the entire form, sign and mail immediately."

My question is, after receiving this and after i mail it in (on monday, since today is saturday) , does this mean that i am eligible for an extension since i've received this continued claim form? OR does it mean that i have to mail it in AND THEN EDD will determine whether or not i am eligible and will receive a letter with their answer?

Any advice, help, tips would be appreciated because i am confused and lost by the information i have been searching for doesn't really give me an answer for my question. Thanks in advance

(sorry, kind of stressing out )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment