U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-10-2010, 02:27 PM

732 posts, read 1,042,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
In WI, when there is a govt holiday, direct deposits are NOT made until the next business day. Others on this board reported the same thing a few weeks ago on October 11, Columbus Day. Expect a delay.
BUT for those doing direct deposit, deposits are made to the account, THEN debits. Additinoally ANY charges on Thursday will clear on Friday at the earliest and be documented AFER the deposit is credited. This goes for ALL deposits, not just unemployment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM

6,237 posts, read 7,034,345 times
Ironically, nowadays, on Veterans Day and Columbus Day ONLY the government and schools are closed, no one else is.

Unread 11-10-2010, 07:54 PM

621 posts, read 984,039 times
Banks are closed too. The stock market is open though.

Unread 11-10-2010, 08:26 PM

6 posts, read 9,403 times
What if my card says I had a payment issued nov 10th meaning today.. naturally when my card says a payment is issued I get it that night at midnight. Since its already issued and suppose to come tonight do you think vets day will make that not be so and not come till the next day

Unread 11-10-2010, 08:42 PM

50 posts, read 90,723 times
NEWSFLASH :: Unemployment screws me ofcourse !!

Just called MY BANK, TD BANK, FULLY OPEN TOMMOROW FOR BUSINESS !!! I normally get my Direct Deposit in my bank by 5am Thursday... well I called the bank, they SEE the direct deposit BUTTTTTT Unemployment has dated it for FRIDAY 12th RELEASE!!!

Why would you do that unemployment? Im **** broke and now gotta wait an extra day for my money when my bank was fully open and ready to take the DD but you guys get cute and date it for FRIDAY instead !!!

Unread 11-10-2010, 09:24 PM

12,203 posts, read 13,981,321 times
As I said earlier, payments are credited on the NEXT business day after the holiday. That's just the way it is.

Unread 11-11-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
As I said earlier, payments are credited on the NEXT business day after the holiday. That's just the way it is.
Whats going to happen in 2 weeks when I claim on Tuesday again and THANKSGIVING decides to show up on Thurs?? Will it be the same thing? Credited on Friday or is FRIDAY part of the Holiday too?

Unread 11-11-2010, 02:46 AM

205 posts, read 412,902 times
Ugh, I'm still receiving my check in the mail, maybe I'll get it tomorrow anyway if they already sent it out. Could think my rent is already paid!

Unread 11-11-2010, 06:47 AM

I got my direct deposit today !!! Hoooray for tdbank !!!!

Unread 11-11-2010, 06:47 AM

3,814 posts, read 7,353,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck91NYG View Post
Banks are closed too. The stock market is open though.
Not all banks are closed on Veterans Day -- once again, this varies from state to state.

The banks are subject to state banking law -- not the federal government. Many states give banks the option of staying open on Veterans Day -- and larger banks that conduct business in multiple states often keep their branches open on Veterans Day. Note the previous poster's info about TD Bank in New Jersey.

However, even if the branches are open, that does not ensure that EFTs (electronic funds transfers) are received or processed on non-holiday schedules. You need to check with your bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment