U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:45 PM

4,033 posts, read 4,555,217 times

Advertisements

Keep filing, wait on the letter, save your money, and if you're broke already, go get food stamps to stretch out your savings. There is nothing to do until you know what you're dealing with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 04:46 PM

10 posts, read 69,680 times
I was terminated on Aug 30th, have only received one claim form and it's been almost 2 weeks since my phone interview. I can't get through to EDD and feel helpless! Why no claim forms?

Old 10-17-2013, 06:09 PM

14,157 posts, read 18,601,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicdaddy View Post
I was terminated on Aug 30th, have only received one claim form and it's been almost 2 weeks since my phone interview. I can't get through to EDD and feel helpless! Why no claim forms?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/unemployment/1948264-ca-delayed-payments.html

Old 10-18-2013, 03:44 PM

Default still nothing

Thanks. I know they're backed up but I find it odd that I have only received one claim form and nothing since, even before I had my phone call. I tried again today to get through and couldn't, plus again nothing in the mail. I am ready to put a bullet in my head.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I know they're backed up but I find it odd that I have only received one claim form and nothing since, even before I had my phone call. I tried again today to get through and couldn't, plus again nothing in the mail. I am ready to put a bullet in my head.
It's a whole lot worse than just being backed up. Read that thread. You are going to have to be persistent, make numerous calls, possibly visit a one-stop. This is NOT a normal computer glitch but afflicts tens of thousands of people on an ongoing basis on a random basis.

Suggestions on last few pages of this thread:

Tips for getting through to a live body @ California EDD

Old 10-21-2013, 02:56 PM

Thanks Ariande22 Just called and got a message saying too much time has passed since my last claim form and I'd need to open a new claim. What????? Does this mean I was denied? 2 weeks since my phone interview and still no word. They continue to confuse me.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks Ariande22 Just called and got a message saying too much time has passed since my last claim form and I'd need to open a new claim. What????? Does this mean I was denied? 2 weeks since my phone interview and still no word. They continue to confuse me.
You got a "message?" I assume it was a recorded message. You weren't denied. Two weeks without a claim/payment, CA automatically closes the claim. Computer issues, as I told you.

You need to speak to a "live" rep to reopen the claim. Keep trying numbers on the "live" thread or visit a CA one-stop and use their phone banks.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 PM

Thanks Ariadne22! Tomorrow is a new day. I wanted to give it one more day (today) and called after hours. I actually called my state senator's office and spoke with a great guy to is trying to help as well. I will try the numbers to get a "live" person tomorrow before Noon. Thanks again. Do you think I have a better chance of getting through using the phone banks?

Old 10-22-2013, 12:33 PM

The 1-3-0 number didn't work and the 1-2-1-1-7 number said my claim was closed and there was nothing i could do aside from reopening my claim or calling EDD!!! I tried the phone bank but it was so packed I would not have gotten through until after Noon. Somehow I missed that they sent me a claim for 2 weeks ago! I could KILL myself and don't know how i missed it since I run to the mailbox everyday. Should I just reopen online? Will the entire process start over with claim forms and a phone interview? I am despondent now

Old 10-22-2013, 12:43 PM

If you are able to reopen a claim online, do that.

Also, send EDD a email. A last resort, but you need to hit all the bases. Check dropdown menu carefully, as they've changed options. Don't expect good results from email, but it's worth a try.

Meanwhile, continue to try to reach EDD via phone. Start dialing before 8 a.m. in the morning and keep calling until you're put in a queue.

Reread last four-six pages of that live thread again. People get through on the phones - some instantly.

In the past dialing #800 no., when you get "welcome," dial 5-1-1-0 did work pretty well off and on at one time. Some people have redialed for hours until they get through.

It's a full-time job these days contacting EDD.

Also, you are allowed to use the phone banks at the one-stops after 12. CA is dealing with claimants in the afternoons from the phone banks at the one-stops.

One way or another, it may take you an entire day to get that claim reopened.

If things get really bad and you have utility shut-off or an eviction notice, take that to a one-stop. A rep there might be able to patch you through to someone, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment