U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-25-2010, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 24,788 times

Advertisements

I file on Tuesdays...filed on the 23rd at 930am, and still didn't get my deposit.

Usually I file at 7am first thing, and get my deposit the next day (wednesday) AT 9PM.

It's thursday...I am wondering if the deposit might show up in my account today even though its a bank holiday? Or if something could possibly be wrong?

Anyone file tues and receive wednesday as sscheduled?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 05:10 PM

4,874 posts, read 5,656,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinaloop View Post
I file on Tuesdays...filed on the 23rd at 930am, and still didn't get my deposit.

Usually I file at 7am first thing, and get my deposit the next day (wednesday) AT 9PM.

It's thursday...I am wondering if the deposit might show up in my account today even though its a bank holiday? Or if something could possibly be wrong?

I am not from NJ but I would imgagine the Thanksgiving Holiday would slow it down by one day. I would think you get it tomorrow.

Perhaps diorgirl might know more

Old 11-26-2010, 11:22 AM

53 posts, read 79,971 times
I am in NJ. I filed on Wednesday and the direct deposit is in my account today (Friday) like usual. I thought there might be a delay due to Thanksgiving, but there wasn't.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:15 PM

621 posts, read 1,159,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinaloop View Post

Some Banks are different than others when it comes to processing direct deposits. Some wait until the next business day if it's a holiday. Some banks will process it on the holiday and clear on the next business day.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:53 PM

24 posts, read 34,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsanonymous View Post
I am in NJ. I filed on Wednesday and the direct deposit is in my account today (Friday) like usual. I thought there might be a delay due to Thanksgiving, but there wasn't.
Same for me. I do acknowledge though that some banks might be faster with crediting deposits, especially over holidays and weekends, then others. I use TDBank and they always post all deposits/wires that come in by 5pm by the next morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment