Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 06:43 AM

138 posts, read 348,469 times

Advertisements

In honor of the holiday season and trying to keep tough things a little lighter here is the official unofficial "why it's good to be a 99'er" thread.

Ho Ho Ho Ho Happppppy Holidays! <bah humbug>

The ONLY positive thing about becoming a 99'er in NJ is not having to fill out that annoying form that makes you have to write under a magnifying glass. I'll bet my first welfare check that the overpaid folks working for NJUI never look at them anyway except to see all the lines have ink in them!

Ho Ho Ho Ho
Just 2 checks left!

----------------
Get my 99'er ring on Christmas Day! Woohoo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 08:52 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,484,345 times
Positive:
No more entire mornings or afternoons waiting in a call queue for someone to misinform you when you have a question about your claim, if you don't get disconnected first.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:27 AM

82 posts, read 495,745 times
I can finally turn off my cell phone and save another $50 a month while no longer having to suffer the self-delusion that an employer would call said cell phone from a number read on a resume that had actually made it onto a desk instead of the trash bin. I will save on stamps too. This $ will be well spent on cup of noodles until (of course) I ultimately quit them and start dumpster diving for food. Who knows, I might come across a copy of my discarded resume, which in turn I could use for toilet paper. Recycling? The employed and tax payers might (once again) consider me a productive member of society? Hit 99 a few days ago! All Best...

Old 12-11-2010, 04:02 PM

986 posts, read 2,507,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
In honor of the holiday season and trying to keep tough things a little lighter here is the official unofficial "why it's good to be a 99'er" thread.

Ho Ho Ho Ho Happppppy Holidays! <bah humbug>

The ONLY positive thing about becoming a 99'er in NJ is not having to fill out that annoying form that makes you have to write under a magnifying glass. I'll bet my first welfare check that the overpaid folks working for NJUI never look at them anyway except to see all the lines have ink in them!

Ho Ho Ho Ho
Just 2 checks left!

----------------
Get my 99'er ring on Christmas Day! Woohoo!
Being unemployed means not dealing with the inevitable obnoxious co-workers that I lose more and more patience with as I get older. It's less stress in that regard, and of course there's no sitting in traffic 5 days a week.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:43 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times
You are no longer on the unemployment roles and thus not considered “unemployed†anymore. Still don’t have a job though but at least the haters are happy, bless their sweet little hearts.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:44 PM

935 posts, read 2,410,831 times
You can walk around with pride knowing that you are no longer burdening the poor employers who pay into unemployment anyway.

You have plenty of time to work on that screen play or novel you've been putting off.

You have plenty of time to watch "Office Space" and try to perfect the plan they failed to accomplish in the film. Oh, and no more bosses stealing your red stapler.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:26 PM

138 posts, read 348,469 times
Definitely will miss the embarrassment of walking into McDonalds asking if they have any work and the manager answering me in Spanish saying "Sorry Grandpa, no hablo English but we can offer you a senior coffee for cheap."

Doesn't unemployment give you 2 weeks vacation after 1 year?

----------------
Getting my 99'er ring on Christmas Day! Woohoo!

Old 12-13-2010, 07:45 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,655,243 times
Now that I am employed for the moment, I miss staying in my warm bed looking out the window happy I didn't have to drive in the mess I had to today, Ice covered roads, people slamming into the freeway wall as they pass by me. And I probably get to do it again tomorrow as the arctic blast is not allowing the salt on the roads to work.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:28 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,863,698 times
Not a 99er yet, but I would have to say that you get to taste all the flavors of Maruchan ramen noodle soup because that's all you can afford. The chilli flavor is actually quite tasty. I'm not a 99er and ramen is about all I can afford.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:36 PM

935 posts, read 2,410,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
Not a 99er yet, but I would have to say that you get to taste all the flavors of Maruchan ramen noodle soup because that's all you can afford. The chilli flavor is actually quite tasty. I'm not a 99er and ramen is about all I can afford.
I'm not a 99er. However, I know what you mean about ramen . I remember when I was in college, I loved eating chicken-flavored ramen noodles. Now, I'm working part-time and love eating chicken-flavored ramen noodles. My brother loves chili-flavored noodles and he's in college as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment