U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 12-14-2010, 05:44 PM

79 posts, read 100,883 times
Default Crap, I just checked and they only sent one week instead of two

This morning I claimed my two weeks like always, and I went to check up on it tonight, and they show they've only sent me one of the two weeks I claimed.

It shows that I still have like a $1200 balance on my tier, so I know that it isn't because I ran out of money on my tier.

The only thing I can think of is that I made my initial clam on Dec 6th, so maybe I have to re establish the claim after one year?

If this is the case what should I do? Just call them in the morning? Can I do this over the phone? I never received a letter saying anything.

How much information would I have to have? I don't recall dollar amounts of my initial claim, and cannot find old paperwork of my initial claim.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-14-2010, 06:17 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,860,643 times
What state are you in? California?

Unread 12-14-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
What state are you in? California?
I'm in Florida.

I searched the forum for past topics and I think I'm supposed to tell them that I haven't received any wages this year, and then they continue my original claim?

I don't know if this is by phone though or if I have to request a document to sign or what.

Fingers crossed I continue my claim like usual and hopefully get that other check sometime. Was expecting two weeks like normal instead of one, and as most of you on this forum know, every single penny counts when trying to make it month to month.

Unread 12-14-2010, 07:38 PM

12,353 posts, read 14,345,139 times
Call Florida immediately. You need to recertify your claim. They should have told you this at some point in the last month, I would think. If your wages during your first benefit year are insufficient, they will reopen your old claim and continue payments. There may be a week or two delay in resumption of benefits while they go through the process, although you will get your money retroactively.

Unread 12-14-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Call Florida immediately. You need to recertify your claim. They should have told you this at some point in the last month, I would think. If your wages during your first benefit year are insufficient, they will reopen your old claim and continue payments. There may be a week or two delay in resumption of benefits while they go through the process, although you will get your money retroactively.
Is this all done over the phone?

I never got a letter saying to recertify, knowing florida though it'll probably arrive in about two months. :/

Unread 12-14-2010, 08:30 PM

12,353 posts, read 14,345,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1977 View Post
Is this all done over the phone?
Phone is the usual way, although some states have online capability. I wouldn't risk anything other than going in person or talking to someone on the phone. How did you apply initially?

Unread 12-15-2010, 05:38 AM

Called this morning.

The lady explained that I should be getting something in the mail about wages earned this year, followed by a rejection letter after that, but not to worry.

She did the paperwork over the phone and submitted it, basically I don't qualify for some new claim because I haven't earned wages this year, so that is cancelled, and then my regular tier continues.

She said this usually doesn't take more than a week, and that they release that second check whenever this process is up, so gonna be pretty broke for a week, but at least I got it taken care of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment