Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 12:01 PM

4 posts, read 1,409 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

It is my first time posting here. It is so nice to meet you.

I filed a claim for unemployment on 3/1. Last week, I finally got the Weekly Benefit Rate, Remaining Balance information on my status.
However, my claim status shows Claim "Filed".

Does that mean I have been approved? I have tried to call the UI number every day and can't reach them. Finally, I found this site here. Can someone help me?

Thank you so much!

Best,

David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 12:10 PM

38 posts, read 34,291 times
Hey David,

It sounds like you were approved. Login to your account and click "certify for weekly benefits" and follow the prompts. You should get paid by the end of the day (it will show up in your bank in 2 days).

Old 03-26-2020, 12:20 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
"Filed" means your application for benefits was properly received. Next it might show "Pending" which means they are verifying information. What you're looking for is "Approved" followed within a day by "Paid" which means the money is on it's way to you. "Filed" does not mean its approved!

Old 03-26-2020, 12:25 PM

Hello jayfrench3 and Rabrrita,

Thank you so much for the great info. My status only shows "Filed" without any other status.
I just did the "Certify for Weekly Benefits" and it said no benefit at this time and asking me to claim this coming Sunday.

Hopefully, something will change soon or I can reach a UI employee. I really appreciate your help.

Best,

David

Old 03-26-2020, 12:33 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
You will not be paid until all boxes have been checked regardless of the emergency. During the last recession, states were pressed to pay out claim quickly which resulted in a near bankruptcy of the system due to fraud. States wont let that happen again. So, although your work history and termination are clean, there are many administrative steps that need to occur in the background that can stall final approval and payment. Normally a clean layoff takes about 2 weeks to be approved and paid after you complete the waiting week. With the elimination of the waiting week and due to the huge crush of applications, things can get a bit bogged down. Calling with a claim that shows Filed means it's in the works, calling only clogs up an already overloaded system for those whose filing are not showing up at all.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:44 PM

38 posts, read 34,291 times
It sounds like Rabrrita knows more of the inner workings than I do. In my experience, however, I filed at the beginning of last week and was able to claim/get paid this past Sunday. I guess this is not the norm, however.

Old 03-26-2020, 01:28 PM

Hello Rabrrita and jayfrench3,

Thank you so much for replying back again.

It is very interesting to know the historical events and what has happened.
I will continue looking over my status and see if I may reach someone.

Just one more question, do you know how I may reach to someone in UI besides submitting an inquiry or calling?
I know the one-stop center has been closed due to COVID-19 as well.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

David
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment