U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:27 AM

621 posts, read 1,129,365 times
Default NJ Sending out new EB Work search worksheet

I just got a notice that I thought was some type of unemployment correspondance, it actually was a revised EB work search worksheet. They only thing they really did, was make the boxes huge lol. You can fit all your information now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 07:42 PM

21 posts, read 32,908 times
Re: bigger spaces, that's good. Just got my first job search form this week and yeah, trying to write legibly in those tiny boxes was...not easy LOL. As you get older your tiny-writing skills sort of decline

Old 04-01-2011, 10:31 AM

87 posts, read 69,519 times
It's amazing how many government and private (notably, medical) operations cannot seem to bootstrap their printed forms out of the 1960s.

I got my first EB work search form a week ago, but I assume it's an older one, because the lines are only slightly over 1/4" deep. Not what I'd call "huge."

I have to mail it today... I don't think I'm going to be able to put in the exact URL for jobs I applied to online. I will have to just give the general URL of the employer in the first box. Maybe I can cram the ad posting URL in under "Person or Website Contacted."

Is anyone just putting the job database name in the "Person or Website Contacted" column, e.g., Monster.com or Workforce NJ? What I'm getting at is, maybe the combination of employer name in col. 2 with job site name in col. 4 is enough?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:34 PM

561 posts, read 421,995 times
I got mine late, do they really check the dates of online work searches? I didn't get the form till the end of the first week of the two weeks to be claimed on the form.

anyone know about this?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 PM

8,307 posts, read 6,697,131 times
Not from NJ but curious. Are you supposed to list everywhere you searched? That could easily run several pages.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 AM

516 posts, read 824,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebri View Post
I got mine late, do they really check the dates of online work searches? I didn't get the form till the end of the first week of the two weeks to be claimed on the form.

anyone know about this?
Nah, I highly doubt they check every single form that goes through their office. That would take forever. I only know they do random checks. Just make sure you put everything down (fill in all the spaces).

I collected EB in 2009, and it went smoothly.

Good luck to you.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:28 AM

516 posts, read 824,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Not from NJ but curious. Are you supposed to list everywhere you searched? That could easily run several pages.
Only put what they ask. In NJ it's 3 searches per week, and it's bi-weekly. So they have to fill in six job searches.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,000 times
What happens if you contact an employer & they're not hiring, does that still count towards the three work searches per week?

Old 05-25-2012, 06:06 AM

879 posts, read 326,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
What happens if you contact an employer & they're not hiring, does that still count towards the three work searches per week?
Yes it does.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:35 AM

2 posts, read 2,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemanbro View Post
Re: bigger spaces, that's good. Just got my first job search form this week and yeah, trying to write legibly in those tiny boxes was...not easy LOL. As you get older your tiny-writing skills sort of decline
i got one in the mail yesterday but it doesnt state when im suppose to bring it in. do you think they will send a request and give me a date to bring it in. because this paper just says when we request it to send it in. So im guessing I wait for the request. i just dont want to lose my extended benefits and have to go through all extra stuff to get it back lol. appreciate hearing back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment