U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-03-2011, 09:58 AM

777 posts, read 1,668,166 times
Default Please proof read. My employer rebuttal letter

5/3/2011

My employer is trying to fire me and not pay UE. They wrote me up for insubordination. Now I am writing a rebuttal letter to add to my file

[ I am writing this in response to the accusation I received in the Employee Consultation Memorandum.
This will act to amend the Consultation Memorandum given to me by Brad Peyton on 4/28/2011.
In the memorandum I am was accused of “insubordination” because I was allegedly told to bring documentation to the managers meeting that pertained to the Brinks safe and allegedly did not bring any documentation to the meeting. I was also accused of “insubordination” because I did not have myself scheduled for 6 days that week when Brad had asked “all salaried managers who were out on hours” to work 6 days that week.
In response to the accusation relating to the requested documentation I would like to point out that he had the reports documenting the Brinks change orders in his hands that day. I also have a copy of the same reports. They were sent out by Ana our accountant to his and my emails. (I have documentation of this) He wasn’t clear about what documentation he was requesting. In the Employee Consultation he still wasn’t clear about what documentation he requested. I plead for this charge of insubordination to be dropped as I did mean well. It was not willful nor intended to harm the business.
In the Consultation he vaguely explains that “my store is missing hundreds of dollars and although this is an urgent matter I am not addressing it in a timely matter”. I spent hours on 4/27/2011 trying to understand and research the Brinks change order problem” ( I have documentation) I feel that the amount of time and effort that I put into this problem is more than “significant” especially considering all of the other duties I am responsible for.
The Brinks change order has been a struggle for the whole company. When the safes were installed we were given no formal training on how to use them. I have many emails documenting that the brinks safe and change orders have been a struggle for the whole company.
Finally, I was accused of bringing my schedule to the meeting without reflecting that I am working 6 days. This message I found after the meeting when Brad told me that he sent the message as a text the day before. I immediately adjusted my schedule and submitted it according to his request.]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 10:18 AM

21 posts, read 54,585 times
Seems fine just document everything and keep all emails. Companies have to be pretty sleazy to try and fire someone rather than take the couple percentage points in ui tax hit! But they do it all the time tread lightly and be careful. Don't give them a blatant reason to fire you and if they do u have a case.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 AM

53 posts, read 77,043 times
I don't know much about these things, but it almost sounds as if you're admitting you didn't bring the documents to the meeting and that you didn't turn in the schedule when requested. If that's the case I think (unfortunately) they would be able to say it was insubordination. Like you refused to do what they asked.

"This message I found after the meeting when Brad told me that he sent the message as a text the day before."

That part sounds a little scrambled up. I would say something more along the lines of: "When Brad mentioned he sent the request as a text message I checked and saw that I overlooked the text. This was an honest mistake. Not at all intentional. I receive many messages a day and do my absolute best to read and act on all of them."

Best of luck with this. I hope it all works out. It stinks they're doing this to you.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:21 AM

777 posts, read 1,668,166 times
Default Thanks pugsanonymous

I have copied verbatem the phrase.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:26 PM

330 posts, read 847,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
5/3/2011

My employer is trying to fire me and not pay UE. They wrote me up for insubordination. Now I am writing a rebuttal letter to add to my file

[ I am writing this in response to the accusation I received in the Employee Consultation Memorandum.
This will act to amend the Consultation Memorandum given to me by Brad Peyton on 4/28/2011.
In the memorandum I am was accused of “insubordination” because I was allegedly told to bring documentation to the managers meeting that pertained to the Brinks safe and allegedly did not bring any documentation to the meeting. I was also accused of “insubordination” because I did not have myself scheduled for 6 days that week when Brad had asked “all salaried managers who were out on hours” to work 6 days that week.
In response to the accusation relating to the requested documentation I would like to point out that he had the reports documenting the Brinks change orders in his hands that day. I also have a copy of the same reports. They were sent out by Ana our accountant to his and my emails. (I have documentation of this) He wasn’t clear about what documentation he was requesting. In the Employee Consultation he still wasn’t clear about what documentation he requested. I plead for this charge of insubordination to be dropped as I did mean well. It was not willful nor intended to harm the business.
In the Consultation he vaguely explains that “my store is missing hundreds of dollars and although this is an urgent matter I am not addressing it in a timely matter”. I spent hours on 4/27/2011 trying to understand and research the Brinks change order problem” ( I have documentation) I feel that the amount of time and effort that I put into this problem is more than “significant” especially considering all of the other duties I am responsible for.
The Brinks change order has been a struggle for the whole company. When the safes were installed we were given no formal training on how to use them. I have many emails documenting that the brinks safe and change orders have been a struggle for the whole company.
Finally, I was accused of bringing my schedule to the meeting without reflecting that I am working 6 days. This message I found after the meeting when Brad told me that he sent the message as a text the day before. I immediately adjusted my schedule and submitted it according to his request.]
Very good.

Also, keep any emails where you attempted to resolve what to me seems to be a miscommunication.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 PM

190 posts, read 250,618 times
You might want to correct this typo:

In the memorandum I am was accused

Also, I would suggest paragraph breaks to make it more readable. Good luck and let us know how things go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment