U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 10:42 PM

5 posts, read 6,942 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm from Nevada and I had a question about switching tiers. I'm switching from tier one to tier two in 2 weeks. I receive 230 a week. Will i receive payments straight through or will I not get paid one week during the transition? I cant afford to miss even one week of payments. Thank you for your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 10:43 PM

21,896 posts, read 45,118,507 times
What happened when you moved from state benefits to Tier 1? Expect the same sequence of events. In most states the transition from one tier to the next takes place without interruption, but not always.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:49 PM

5 posts, read 6,942 times
Default Going from tier one to tier two

My state benefits ran out in the middle of the week, so i received $50 to finish out that week then started on my regular amount the next . Tier 1 is an even 20 weeks. It wont end in a partial week.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:56 PM

21,896 posts, read 45,118,507 times
If Nevada moved you to EUC benefits without any delay, there should be no delay moving you to Tier 2.

However, you are probably approaching the end of your benefit year. In that case, you may need to call Nevada to RECERTIFY your claim. You may begin Tier 2, but if your bye occurs soon thereafter, they need to reevaluate your earnings during your first benefit year to see if you are eligible for a new claim. If you are not, your 'application' for a new claim is denied, your old claim reopened and you continue on those benefits.

Pay close attention to any correspondence you receive from Nevada at your bye. We have not had any reports here about people having trouble transitioning at their bye, so Nevada may do this automatically for you. Nonetheless, there could be a delay if their recertification process isn't smooth. Illinois is known to outright deny people at their bye without telling them they need to recertify. So, pay close attention to that.

You might try calling Nevada now - or visit one of their offices - so you know what to expect.

ETA: On further thing, if you are eligible for a new claim, under HR4213 passed last year, you are allowed to defer collecting benefits under that new claim until you have exhausted your earlier claim EUC benefits provided the new benefit is 25% or $100 lower. Since you had this odd payment, it sounds like you've been working, so a new claim might be a possibility depending on how much you earned during your first benefit year.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 06-23-2011 at 11:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or