U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:03 AM

5 posts, read 10,197 times

Advertisements

I am an out of state recipient of unemployment. Currently I am on the extended benefit program. I called the unemployment office twice and both times both women said they did not have much information on the EB program. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but none were available.

One said that I had to apply for jobs on different days ( I applied for all on the same day) and the other said it was likely an audit. As part of an audit she said they contact the employers that have been applied to. My question is how long does this usually take? Will this audit hold up all my future vouchers?

I applied for the jobs using monster.com. Please help.. This is what it reads on my homepage.

ISSUES DELAYING PAYMENT
Issue Effective Date
Work Search Weekly 10/01/2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 7,785 times
Default RE: EB (Indiana) Work searches/payment delay?

Where it says...

ISSUES DELAYING PAYMENT
Issue Effective Date
Work Search Weekly 10/01/2011

...are you able to click on the "work search weekly"? If so, click on it and fill out the necessary info. If it's not listed as a clickable link, it is hard to say how long it might take for them to "clear" the issue delaying the payment. I have found that the main indiana office is unable to give much helpful info most of the time, and you simply have to wait it out until they get to your claim.

I have currently been waiting for over 5 weeks now for them to clear an issue on mine - I turned down what seemed to me to be a very scammy work offer (100% commission, I had to pay THEM $50 to start working, etc), and when filing my claim for that week i reported it, and the only advice the main indiana office could give was that it would take a "long time" for someone to review my claim and clear the issue under "issues delyaing payment". Not exactly very helpful!

Old 10-26-2011, 11:46 PM

14,420 posts, read 19,330,425 times
You didn't have a work offer if it was 100% commission. Do not report those refusals. They are not jobs. Reporting these 'offers' only cause you unnecessary problems.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:44 AM

3 posts, read 22,154 times
Im on my second extension which automatically added more funds to my benefits and Ive filled vouchers and gotten money two weeks in a row. Now all of a sudden I had to reapply for benefits like I did on my first extension even though they added funds and extended my benefits. Under reasons causing delay it says "other discharge" and todays date. I cant get answers!!! Can anyone explain this reason?? thank you

Old 02-12-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfoster82 View Post
Im on my second extension which automatically added more funds to my benefits and Ive filled vouchers and gotten money two weeks in a row. Now all of a sudden I had to reapply for benefits like I did on my first extension even though they added funds and extended my benefits. Under reasons causing delay it says "other discharge" and todays date. I cant get answers!!! Can anyone explain this reason?? thank you
Have you been collecting benefits for one year? Have you reached the end of your benefit year?

If so, it is necessary for Indiana to do another monetary evaluation before continuing to pay you benefits. This happens to everyone. Keep claiming. See FAQS #8. Unemployment FAQs

Indiana should complete this process in the next few days and resume your Tier 2 benefits this week.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 02-12-2012 at 12:32 PM..

Old 02-12-2012, 12:41 PM

Yes I lost my job 2/6/2011 and started receiving 3/12/2011. My Indiana state benefits lasted until 9/3/2011. Thats when I applied for my first extension which went fine after answering online questions. That first extension lasted until end of jan 2012. Thats when i called unemployment office and asked what happens next and if I need to reapply. I was told no because Im now on federal money and not state and that they would just extend my benefits. And they did with no problem. About three more months worth. I completed my online vouchers for last two weeks with no issue and now when i go to file today I had to fill out reapply questions like last time and under my main page under "reasons for delay of payment" it says "other discharge". Indiana unemployment is not helpful. Thank you so much for response I just wish I knew what problem is because I honestly cannot afford to not go withdrawl benefits tomorrow. any info is helpful. thanks again and god bless

Old 02-12-2012, 12:47 PM

And thank you for that link. I have a hard time trying to understand it all with the tiers and values and how long I actually have to receive but Im trying to make sense of it all...overwhelming to be so dependant on it. I had such a great job...no bills but the house..now credit cards maxed to survive and using every dollar to its fullest...thanks again for your help

Old 03-28-2012, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 7,048 times
I applied for unemployment for the first time on 8/22/11. I waited for MONTHS! So after months of waiting with NO answers I finally received my card on 1/7/12! I kind of blame myself, because I did all the work on-line and didn't check with my local Work-One center because I thought I didn't have to. In this day and age with everything done on-line, that's what I thought I was suppose to do. Even when I DID try to call the 1-800 # I couldn't get an actual person, yes, we ALL know that problem. Well, My 26 weeks ended this past weekend (3/24). I filed for EEUC on Sunday 3/25.. Then on Monday, 3/26/12, I checked my Homepage and noticed it said "other discharge" under "issues delaying payment". After noon, I noticed the new policy we were suppose to go to our local Work One office for a personal interview of previous work searches. No problem. I went in and was told that I was fine, and would receive my payment on Wednesday. (WHEW) 24 hours later, checking my homepage on the DWD site, I noticed the "issue" was still there, so I decided to call the the 1-800 # and after hearing the recorded voice over and over telling me my wait was over 5 minutes...I was not giving up. I GOT an actual PERSON! Maybe we could get a job with them, since they seem to be quite under staffed. Anyway, I digress. The person I talked to, who obviously never had to deal with having to explain to their children why Santa Clause wasn't coming this year by the way she treated me, told me she couldn't tell me a time frame, or much of ANYTHING! I might have well been talking to the operator at AT&T. SO, today I called my local Work One office. The same one I visited this past Monday. Who were VERY nice. The young lady was VERY helpful and took my number. I told her my situation and she was VERY understanding and said she would get to the bottom of it. Within 5 minutes she called me back and told me I would be paid on Friday. I checked my homepage, and my "issues delaying payment" had changed. Thank you! End of story...Don't call the 1-800 #. Call or visit your local Work One center. THEY can help you. Believe me. I'm JUST like ALL of you! I spent DAYS looking on-line...searching my questions, anything for answers! Call your local center! I PRAY for all the unemployed Hoosiers and ALL the unemployed. It's NOT our fault. We do NOT deserve to be treated like DIRT. I'm a single DAD who needs food for his 1 year old son. And a roof over his sons head. God bless you ALL and I hope this helps at least One of you. God Bless.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 6,148 times
Need help! Who can I call to complain about this company to get my unemployment for 2 weeks. I filled out everything & after weeks of waiting I called and they claim that my company never sent them the proper info, I faxed over the info they needed to complete my request. Then I get a letter saying the statue of limitations is up. ARE YOU JOKING!! They are the ones that took so long, plus they have the wrong dates of my actually unemployment. What a screwed up company?? Has any contacted teh department of Justice? Any person would help?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:13 PM

Indiana is a terrible state when it comes to processing UE claims. Ordinary claims can take months for approval.

What did the letter say about statute of limitations, exactly?

Did it say the employer's time to respond had passed? If so, then Indiana should be processing your claim without employer input.

Or, did the letter say you have no claim because the employer didn't respond?

If that is the case, write/email the head of your state's Dept. of Labor. Call your state legislative representatives, Congressman and Senators with a complaint. Also, follow up by emailing your state legislative representatives and your federal Congressman and Senators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment