U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-26-2012, 01:29 PM

30 posts, read 46,466 times

Advertisements

Nope no misconduct but if I don't get one of the jobs that I have interviewed for soon.....then we are gonna see some misconduct. Actually I am glad to at least be sitting in front of folks that are hiring. Can't get a job without an interview right? Thanks for the help Ariadne. Maybe we should start to call you the "wonder from Wisconsin"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 PM

26 posts, read 35,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

Extended Benefits - New York State Department of Labor

New Federal Unemployment Insurance Extensions

AlleyAl - that San Diego State education may have paid off after all. I am now rethinking the 73 week limitation after September 1. Notice how NY says if you transition on or before x date you receive the max on a tier, whereas CA says "Up to." Better plan for the worst and hope for the best. The states can't agree on 1) deadlines tier reconfiguration and 2) amounts on a tier depending on timeframe. Who knows how they'll interpret the September-December maximum week limitation?

Confusion and inconsistency ensues going forward, it appears. Congress should have spelled out EXACTLY the dates/limitations for each of these transitions as the occur. I understand implementation guidelines come down from the BLS. But NY and CA are already in conflict.
States cannot be different with dates when it applies to Federal tiers.....Only UE rates by State would make weeks different.....

I think I'm OK in Cali for Tier 4 filed on Sept. 2nd....Only difference is I will get 10 weeks as opposed to 6.....just needs to be filed by Dec. 23rd......I'll get the 10 weeks if filed ON Sept, 2nd........

Think about it, anybody filing for Tier 4 on Sept. 2nd or later in Cali. is going to be at 73 weeks.....Why have a deadline for tier 4 on Dec. 23rd?....Why wouldn't the deadline to file tier 4 just be on or before Sept. 1st then, since that's when the supposed cut to 73 takes place. I think they factor the cuts to tier 1 and 3 into the equation. I agree with your earlier assessment, Ariadne...73 weeks is irrelevant...The deadlines to file and UE rates are what is important.

Tier 4 would not even exist between Sep. 2nd and Dec. 30th . This mainly affects people who become unemployed later in the year and whether they extend current legislation into next year.........

Last edited by AlleyAl; 02-26-2012 at 02:11 PM..

Old 02-26-2012, 02:10 PM

14,383 posts, read 19,160,414 times
My comments in bold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyAl View Post
States cannot be different with dates when it applies to Federal tiers.....Only UE rates by State would make weeks different.....

I agree with you. But NY sees it differently. Why? Are they going to implement the program incorrectly? They may, unless someone warns them they've got it wrong.

I think I'm OK in Cali for Tier 4 filed on Sept. 2nd....Only difference is I will get 10 weeks as opposed to 6.....just needs to be filed by Dec. 23rd......I'll get the 10 weeks if filed ON Sept, 2nd........

Yes, that's way I see it.

Think about it, anybody filing for Tier 4 on Sept. 2nd or later in Cali. is going to be at 73 weeks.....

Agree, again. But not every state will implement that way, I'll betcha'.

Why have a deadline for tier 4 on Dec. 23rd?....

People eligible for Tier 4 (or any other tier) will be paid one week only. Has happened numerous times with EB. Exhaust on Saturday, transition on Sunday, claim for week ending the following Saturday and get paid only for that week.

Why wouldn't the deadline to file tier 4 just be on or before Sept. 1st then, since that's when the supposed cut to 73 takes place. I think they factor the cuts to tier 1 and 3 into the equation. I agree with your earlier assessment, Ariadne...73 weeks is irrelevant...The deadlines to file and UE rates are what is important.

Heh - we will see. You and I agree. I'll bet the stories will vary by state, however. It will be an interesting year.

Fyi, some states were misapplying EUC rules (NY/NJ) and paying EUC from later claims before earlier claims. They've stopped it now, but the result is EUC was thus preserved on both claims and some people with claims one year apart collected EUC on BOTH claims, when the only EUC paid should have been the first claim.
The EUC program is not implemented exactly the same in every state. They do have some latitude in certain areas I'm told, although latitude on eligibility date shouldn't exist under any circumstances. NY website info is wrong.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:33 PM

26 posts, read 35,362 times
Quote:
My comments in bold:

The EUC program is not implemented exactly the same in every state. They do have some latitude in certain areas I'm told, although latitude on eligibility date shouldn't exist under any circumstances. NY website info is wrong.
Thanks for the reply, Ariadne......

I just don't see(under any circumstance that I've played out in my head a 1,000 times) that Tier 4 would even exist after Sept. 1st if they had a 73 week cut-off for existing claimants ready to transition. The deadline to file Tier 4 would be Aug. 31st., not Dec. 23rd That 10 weeks(tier 4) would not even exist after Sept. 1st if that were the case.

I think I'm right on this unless they go back and change the interpretation of the bill.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:22 PM

64 posts, read 67,831 times
Refer to post #616. I feel foolish and not too bright asking you this one: what do you mean by "Be sure to call NJ to recertify at your bye." What is "at your bye"? Are you referring to the one year anniversary? Now, my call to the Rep I was writing about from the beginning here, was for my one year recertification. Do I have to call a Rep again tomorrow so I can get my continuation besides calling the automated line to claim my last two weeks so I will have $552.00 deposited in two days? You know, I have a feeling the links you told me to read carefully probably have most of the answers for what I have been presenting to you. Again, thank you for your time.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcover1 View Post
Again, thank you for your time.
Thread on which you are posting is best used for information on the new legislation, not routine bye inquiries. I have set up a separate thread for your specific inquiries and have responded, here:

New Jersey Recertification/Tiers

Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,738 times
Quote:
Yes. EUC/EB is a federal program, not a state program. NJ has nothing to do with eligibility other than UE rate triggers. FAQS lists new eligibility dates. See FAQS #1: http://www.city-data.com/forum/23067770-post5.html

Yes, you will move to Tier III. Under the new legislation, you need to exhaust Tier II not later than December 29, 2012.
Ariande22:

Do you have any idea when the state websites will update the EUC exhaust dates? As of today, my New Jersey LWD site still says March 3, 2012.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcjason View Post
Ariande22:

Do you have any idea when the state websites will update the EUC exhaust dates? As of today, my New Jersey LWD site still says March 3, 2012.
No idea. New eligibility date is December 22, 2012. All EUC payments end December 29, 2012. They cannot be exhausted into 2013 without extension of the legislation.

Check updated FAQS http://www.city-data.com/forum/23140531-post5.html

Last edited by Ariadne22; 02-27-2012 at 11:01 AM..

Old 02-27-2012, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,087 times
i have a question i need help my ub 26 weeks ends on abril will i be eligible for tier 1 i live in illinois

Old 02-27-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy010480 View Post
i have a question i need help my ub 26 weeks ends on abril will i be eligible for tier 1 i live in illinois
Same answer as preceding post. See FAQS: http://www.city-data.com/forum/23140531-post5.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment