Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 PM

7 posts, read 28,683 times

Advertisements

I read that Texas met the requirements to pay Tier 4 benefits. Called TWC on the 6th of December and was told letters would be mailed out by the 8th to those who may be eligible. The lady told me I would get a letter as I was eligible. It has been a week and a couple of days and still no letter...........
Has anyone else got the letter yet? Just trying to figure out a time frame on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 11:01 PM

9 posts, read 19,061 times
I just ran out of the last tier and got a letter from TWC yesterday stating i would be getting tier 4 and telling me the maximum amount I qualified for. I looked online but my benefits remaining still say zero. From my understanding I am eligible for tier 4 .... does anyone know how long it takes to show up on TWC website? All the other times it showed up fairly quickly - from tier to tier.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:45 PM

I received the letter Saturday with instructions to call an 800 number (automated) and answer a couple of questions. Today I see Tier 4 has been added to my claim with the first date to file listed as 12/25/11-the process worked fairly quickly.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:27 PM

My letter didn't say to call a 800 number just said I qualified and would be moved forward to tier 4. I still don't see it listed when I log in. I called and checked online and it states the amount more I have which is consistent with the letter but don't understand why it doesn't show. I'm worried about when I go to request payment that it wont process since it shows a zero balance. Anyone in the same boat as me?

Old 12-21-2011, 10:51 AM

23 posts, read 48,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaninTX View Post
My letter didn't say to call a 800 number just said I qualified and would be moved forward to tier 4. I still don't see it listed when I log in. I called and checked online and it states the amount more I have which is consistent with the letter but don't understand why it doesn't show. I'm worried about when I go to request payment that it wont process since it shows a zero balance. Anyone in the same boat as me?
Just got my first tier 4 deposit....I received a letter which said call an 800 number, which I did...I had to answer 4-5 questions (these were mechanical prompts) .....I would strongly suggest you call twc if you got a letter saying you were eligable but didn't get an 800 number to call .... without answering the eligibilty questions I doubt you will get a check.....good luck.......

Old 12-21-2011, 12:12 PM

Thanks! I did call in this morning and much to my surprise - they told me as a "little Xmas gift" from TWC - that they were allowing people to claim a week early if you qualified. You only get a week but it's to help out with the holidays. Which was awesome news. I just requested payment today for a week and my next payment request date is for December 25th. Was a very nice surprise.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,697,499 times
My 93 weeks of unemployment ran out summer 2010. I was surprised to get this letter and called in Monday. Didn't get any more letters back. Good thing I kept my TX Unemployment website bookmark and password - will use the site when I apply for benefits. I'm living in Chicago since moving from Houston in Feb 2009. The bad thing was I lost or maybe got rid of my Chase Unemployment Debit Card. But at the TX Unemployment website I switched my payments to Direct Bank deposits so no worry. Now I hope I can get $403 weekly for 20 weeks...

Old 12-22-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
My 93 weeks of unemployment ran out summer 2010. I was surprised to get this letter and called in Monday. Didn't get any more letters back. Good thing I kept my TX Unemployment website bookmark and password - will use the site when I apply for benefits. I'm living in Chicago since moving from Houston in Feb 2009. The bad thing was I lost or maybe got rid of my Chase Unemployment Debit Card. But at the TX Unemployment website I switched my payments to Direct Bank deposits so no worry. Now I hope I can get $403 weekly for 20 weeks...
It is only a six week extension for Tier 4.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:55 PM

25,589 posts, read 56,245,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
You are currently collecting SSDI and have been doing so for quite a while. UE questionnaires ask if you are capable of working. SSDI is an oxymoron to that. Further, most state website indicate that SDI (in CA), i.e., SSDI, cannot be collected at the same time. TX may pay you. They may also request their money back when 1099s are generated for SSDI payments. TX is no slouch when it comes to monitoring UE benefits.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:01 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,697,499 times
When I applied to my TX Unemployment Benefits before the question they ask is - "Do you get disability?" But they don't give the option to say it's from the Gov, only option is from companies. I think TX UI lets you get SSDI too.

6 weeks is hardly anything but it helps a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment