Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM

2 posts, read 15,789 times

Advertisements

@chyvan Im sorry sounds like u may have lost your unemployment case becuz u sound really bitter everyones case is different, perhaps u can share your story in detail and then some one may possibly help u! I resigned from my job, unemployment compensation had been denied and my appeal was overturned in my favor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 10:11 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,072,384 times
No, I won my unemployment appeal, and I already shared the circumstances and what I did to win in case it could help anyone else in similar circumstances.

I didn't come on here just to ask, "when I'd get my money."

Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM

2 posts, read 15,789 times
@chyvan well then excuse me but I certainy googled the question myself because I wanted to know the answer also I dont mean to be "greedy" or "take" Yes it is better to give than receive but unfortunately some people are not thinking in that manner most times when I search the net Im looking for a quick answer Your suggestion will help me to be more concious, however, it just didnt seem too polite in the manner and words u used have a great day!

Last edited by ayygee; 06-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: correct spelling

Old 06-11-2012, 03:29 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,471,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayygee View Post
@chyvan well then excuse me but I certainy googled the question myself because I wanted to know the answer also I dont mean to be "greedy" or "take" Yes it is better to give than receive but unfortunately some people are not thinking in that manner most times when I search the net Im looking for a quick answer Your suggestion will help me to be more concious, however, it just didnt seem too polite in the manner and words u used have a great day!
Why were you commenting at all at this point a post which is over five months old? Further search on this board would disclose that Chyvan did, indeed, win her appeal after a complicated and protracted (11-month) process not many would undertake, persevere, or succeed at. In the process she has acquired considerable in-depth knowledge on unemployment law and the appeals process. You clearly know not to whom you speak.

Indeed, quick, often results in "foot-in-mouth."

Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 7,507 times
Well I have been appealing my unemployment in Michigan for 5 months. I had a hearing and I won. Reason: I had emergency surgery on a Friday and was able to go back to work that Thursday. It was not even a full 5 day work week I was unavailable for work. I have now learned that unemployment law states: If you are unable to work any day during the work week then you are not eligible for that week at all. So two weeks I was told I would have to repay. I have been certifying since Aug 2012 and now it is Nov. My hearing was Nov 13 and I received my decision on Nov 14 in the mail. Have been calling and emailing ever since to find out when the money owed to me will be released. I do need this. I am unemployed and I followed all the steps they told me too. So two weeks after my decision I am still waiting. I googled to see if someone had a similar experience and found some really unhelpful answers. Anyone know what happens in Michigan? And yes I am writing because I need the money. That is the reason I appealed it in the first place. Not because I am greedy, I have worked since I was 14 and I am 40. The economy here is in terrible shape and jobs are not that easy to come by.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM

426 posts, read 1,908,955 times
Hi nic.

You may not have been avail,but you a valid reason why. Thus document it , with doctors notes, present it and you shouldnt have to repay

Old 11-29-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasdavie View Post
You may not have been avail,but you a valid reason why. Thus document it , with doctors notes, present it and you shouldnt have to repay
Completely off point. Issue has been decided. OP wants her money. She hasn't been paid for over five months. Decision was two weeks ago. Paying back the benefits is a moot point.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicmom View Post
Well I have been appealing my unemployment in Michigan for 5 months. I had a hearing and I won.Have been calling and emailing ever since to find out when the money owed to me will be released. So two weeks after my decision I am still waiting. I googled to see if someone had a similar experience and found some really unhelpful answers. Anyone know what happens in Michigan? And yes I am writing because I need the money.
Michigan isn't usually too bad in paying when an appeal is won. However, you do have five months' benefits coming. Some states will not pay back benefits in one lump sum but, instead, pay them over a period of time. I haven't heard of MI doing that. CA does do that from time to time.

Another potential complication is are you still receiving state benefits or did you transition to federal EUC benefits at some point during the past five months? If so, then MI will need to process that, as well.

At this point, given your circumstances, two weeks isn't an excessive wait time - for any state.

You could consider contacting via email your MI representative in the state legislature. Follow up with a phone call, if necessary. Everyone who has done this has had their issues resolved in a week - in every state.

Good luck.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM

234 posts, read 686,354 times
nicmom your at there mercy that's why i always tell people receiving unemployment benefits to always handle claims correctly because once your at there mercy its terrible. you will get it at some point and everybody ends up waiting a different amount of time.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 13,217 times
I know a little late, when got my letter saying was reversed and will be paid said the job had 15 days to appeal, so after that money is released unless you owed from before, they take that away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment