Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 11:37 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times

Advertisements

Don't forget the fact that he accepted the TWC employee's guidance that "you don't need to appear." There are so many moving parts to this story, a lack of understanding of what went wrong, and failure to communicate that one important detail that can make all the difference in the world.

You're also pretty deep into the process. The further you go, the harder it becomes to change the outcome. There's a lot of inertia given to the most recent decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,247 times
Default Closely Related Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
Don't forget the fact that he accepted the TWC employee's guidance that "you don't need to appear." There are so many moving parts to this story, a lack of understanding of what went wrong, and failure to communicate that one important detail that can make all the difference in the world.

You're also pretty deep into the process. The further you go, the harder it becomes to change the outcome. There's a lot of inertia given to the most recent decision.
Chyvan, I have a quick question for you because you seem to be so knowledgeable of the process. My husband has an unemployment case that we have been fighting for 4 months, now. We have won our case throughout every "level" of appeals. Unemployment granted his benefits after he submitted his claim, his previous employer appealed that decision which went to the Tribunal, who ultimately ruled in our favor, they then appealed to the commission who have recently ruled in our favor, as well. I am 100% positive that the previous employer will motion for a rehearing, which I hope will be declined, as this stress is driving me insane. However, if the employer still refuses to give in and appeals the case to the civil court, is the court case my husband vs. the employer, or is it the employer vs. texas workforce commission?

Additional info: We have only collected one unemployment check, as my husband was only unemployed for 2 weeks, so we aren't currently collecting money, we are just fighting to keep the one check he has already collected three months ago. Also, the previous employer is a money hungry savage that will stop at no end to save a dollar, so I do believe they will take it to civil court. I'm just wondering is this an issue I should continue to worry about, tirelessly, or are all matters concerning my husband, now out of the picture?

Old 08-31-2016, 07:50 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobie16 View Post
is the court case my husband vs. the employer, or is it the employer vs. texas workforce commission?
It's the employer vs TWC AND your husband

Quote:
Also, the previous employer is a money hungry savage that will stop at no end to save a dollar, so I do believe they will take it to civil court.
I don't know TWC rules, but in my state if a BUSINESS wants to take a UI matter to court, they must be represented by an attorney. It might not be cost effective for them to go any further. The last of the easy appeals is over. The standard of review is to uphold the original decision unless it's was just so wrong, and any issue on appeal must have been raised with TWC before court or the issue is waived. It's really tough to get a decision overturned by going to court.

Quote:
I'm just wondering is this an issue I should continue to worry about, tirelessly, or are all matters concerning my husband, now out of the picture?
I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 665 times
I myself know for a fact that the Texas workforce Commission does nothing to help anything and justice means nothing to anyone except the people whom are being wronged and i myself am looking to file complaints against the Texas workforce commission for not doing their job and trying every trick in the book to protect the businesses that have wronged people, and i'm seeking to bring a class action against them anyone whom wants to come aboard with me you may contact me via e-mail at [email]kitkatkisses43@att.net[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment