Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 05:06 PM

27 posts, read 69,299 times

Advertisements

And never stated i was better then or trying to be better then anyone on here i really was asking what did i do and what can i do to correct it in all honesty not knowing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 05:47 PM

???

Old 05-04-2017, 04:12 PM

334 posts, read 220,589 times
Lwhite, you worked for the agency. What you needed to do was indicate "lack of work" and put the agency down as your employer when you filled out your unemployment form. Been there, done that and can write a book on how to deal with agencies and unemployment. Agencies will do everything in their power to avoid paying out unemployment. You need to have proof and show unemployment that it as NOT your fault.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:15 PM

334 posts, read 220,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
But you did. You told the UI people that you were "laid off," and now they know you were fired. You do lie. You're no better than anyone else or the many others that have come before that misrepresented why they weren't at their jobs anymore.
What a crappy thing to say to someone. I love the keyboard commandos on here who wouldn't have the balls to say some of the things they say here to someone's face.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:28 PM

13,113 posts, read 20,861,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexy633 View Post
What a crappy thing to say to someone. I love the keyboard commandos on here who wouldn't have the balls to say some of the things they say here to someone's face.
The unfortunate reality is when a claimant lies to employment and gets caught, bad things happen. In today's age of fast information research, there is absolutely no reason a person doesn't know the difference between all the separation reasons as it relates to their state's unemployment. Lets be real, everyone suspects that they can get laid off, fired or have to quit a job, YET, so few take the time to learn about unemployment before they go and mess things up.

If you read overt this forum, you will read over and over about people lying to unemployment and upset when they get caught. They justify it by thinking what they did wasn't wrong. In many cases they really didn't intend to be fraudulent with their claim, but the regulations say they were and that's how the state operates. People need to take the time to research Before they act.

In the end, a lie is a lie as far as unemployment is concern and it's now up to the claimant o work through the system to mitigate the impact of that mistake.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:41 PM

Well thanks i have my proof and was approved due to that and they understood that it was not a lie and turns out i dont need it because im starting another position that pays way more then the temp pay i dont ever stay out of a job for to long to much schooling and experience just would have been nice to have some cash before starting back and you are very unprofessional about how you go about answering things the blog is meant for those who dont understand to come on here and ask those that do not for you or anyone else to insult someone just because they did not know something or accuse them of purposely doing something that they did not i live in a very nice neighborhood and come from a wealthy family so i dont need to live off unemployment so for me to lie as an desperate attempt to get it is not my character i rather ask my parents for help of im that much in debt of course if this is a person first time filing unemployment they are going to be illiterate to a lot and when one loses a job lots of people dont have time to surf the net all day for a solution some people have lives so they do things according to the way their daily schedule see fit, thank you

Old 05-04-2017, 09:44 PM

Flexy663 and thanks for the positive feed back i appreciate how there are still some people on here that can remain professional but turns out unemployment called me earlier they spike with agency it was a misunderstanding and my payment was release the phone interview was not needed i appreciate your helpful response

Old 05-04-2017, 09:47 PM

And excuse the typos

Old 05-04-2017, 10:08 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,001,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwhite8183 View Post
Well thanks i have my proof and was approved due to that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwhite8183 View Post
unemployment called me earlier they spike with agency it was a misunderstanding and my payment was release the phone interview was not needed
I don't believe a word you say. Even in the span of three minutes you couldn't keep your story straight.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:15 PM

13,113 posts, read 20,861,676 times
In the world of state benefit administration, you don't have a say in how they interpret your actions. You can do everything you think is correct, logical, common sense and right, but if the state laws says the act of doing something is fraud, it's fraud. Can't tell you how many people have been forced to pay False Statement penalties or had their unemployment terminated all because they didn't understand their state's meaning of the phrase Laid Off. And, to make it even worst, every state has their own definition.

The concern would be, even if you decide not to continue collecting, if you received any payment and they determine the basis of that payment was because of some untrue statement, they will want heir money back. This is separate from any determination over the reason for being unemployed. You can ultimately be awarded benefits yet have it seized because of fines or penalties from a false statement. Most states now have an arsenal of ways to get their money and penalties paid, most to the detriment of the claimant., Taxes can be seized, federal payments seized, State befits seized, impounds, collection agencies, credit reports even judicial judgments. That is why false statement issues during the benefit claims process must be resolved.

Although I understand that people have lives beyond unemployment, this is one of those minor life annoyances with huge consequences when things go wrong. Unemployment is a fact of the work world and people need to start making the time to properly study what happens if they are unemployed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment