U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 08:03 PM

8 posts, read 5,093 times
Default NYS help

Hi,

My BYE date is April 2012. I already received my 26 weeks and in October received I Guess EUC. I had a break in my claim I worked and reported it for 2 days I only earned $100. This week I didn't receive benefits and they said my claim is going into review. Im lucky and grateful I had benefits this long but I still have not found a job. The store I worked in said I was not qualified for the job. Im guessing that they will not approve the review anybody have any advice? They told me keep claiming until I receive a letter or call.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 08:24 PM

13,627 posts, read 17,264,553 times
When did you resume your claim? Chances are you are undergoing a standard quarterly monetary review for a possible new claim which the states are required to perform quarterly for anyone receiving EUC. Unless there is question on you why you left your part-time job(s) which will require further investigation, your benefits should resume. Keep claiming.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:36 PM

A,

Hi I didn't resume my claim I didn't receive my benefits this week and I called today they told me it was under review because of break in claim. I worked the 2 days end of Oct.2011. TThey sent me a letter the 1st of Oct. saying I would get the ECU benefits. I did and have received benefits till this week. Is it because the 20 weeks is split 13 weeks than reviewed for the next 7 weeks?

Thank you

Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher33 View Post
they told me it was under review because of break in claim. I worked the 2 days end of Oct.2011. TThey sent me a letter the 1st of Oct. saying I would get the ECU benefits. I did and have received benefits till this week. Is it because the 20 weeks is split 13 weeks than reviewed for the next 7 weeks?
No, the split in Tier 1 is not relevant. As they told you, they are investigating because of your break in claim, which means they are reviewing why you are no longer working whatever job you had for those two days. They will be contacting that employer. If you were discharged because that employer felt you were not suitable for the job and there was no misconduct, it should not affect your claim. If it does, appeal.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:10 PM

Thank you, will they send me a letter I don't want to reopen a claim or do anything wrong?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 PM

You will get a letter. Do not "reopen" a claim, do not "apply for a new claim" or otherwise confuse your claim.

JUST KEEP CLAIMING - as they told you.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:15 PM

thanks so much do you think my benefits are terminated?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 PM

No clue.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:01 PM

Default Break in claim

My ByE is April 7th. I received my 26 weeks and they extended it in October. Here is the problem I took a part time job. They job I applied for was to stock floors keep shelves neat . I had no idea (they didn't tell me) the 1st hour and half was working on the loading dock lifting heavy items Im 110 lbs I worked for 2 days for$100 I reported it.
The second night the supervisor told me I was not strong enough and was afraid it'd be hurt. she told me if another job opened up she'd call me.

now I get this break in claim what do I fill out? lack of work? also is this form to delete your old claim and the new part time job has the hearsay?
The telservice says I have a valid claim and it's being reviewed. they said wait for a letter. How long does this take?

Thanks

Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM

3,597 posts, read 4,014,071 times
As presented, this is not "lack of work." You were discharged but not for misconduct.

You have to wait for the paper work to arrive to know the final outcome. However, consider yourself eligible for benefits, and file your weekly claims even if payments do not come. Thinking that no payments = denied and then stopping causes it's own set of problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment