U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-25-2012, 12:32 PM

6 posts, read 14,255 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I have a question about my Emergency Unemployment Compensation. I thought I was currently moving into Tier 3 of a Claim from an AB Date of : 11-29-2009. I collected from that date until beginning of June of 2010 and then I went back to work until October of 2010. Therefore I only collected 1 week of Tier 1 EUC from that claim. (I'll call this Claim 1)

I went back to work at the end of June 2010 and worked until end of Oct 2010. Since my benefit year was still the same, I collected 3 weeks from that Tier 1 EUC and then my benefit year expired.

Move on to the next claim. (Claim #2) I opened a new Claim for November 30, 2011 since my benefit year had passed. I then collected the normal 26 weeks of UC until end of May 2011. I figured I would move to new EUC with Claim 2, but in fact, I started where I left off from Claim 1 EUC, with 16 weeks remaining out of 20.

I transitioned to the next Tier, #2 and collected 13 weeks. My last benefit payment in this Tier was 12/31/2011. I assumed I made the cut-off (before the extension) and would move to Tier 3.

I went on PA's website and was able to filed 2 weeks of benefits (went on 1/22/2012) for weeks ending, 1/14/2012 and 1/21/2012.

Normally, I would get this deposit in my bank on Tuesdays (which would have been yesterday, 1/24/2012)

I checked the website and no payment was issued for it.
I called the PAT Teleclaims line to check my balance and it states that only 1 week remains. I am assuming that this is Week 14, which is to be held until Tier 3 benefits are exhausted.

So, I tried calling and I am told not to bother with EUC questions.

Am I going to receive Tier 3? If so, why haven't I received a payment.

Anyone, help??
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 01:39 PM

14,166 posts, read 18,601,021 times
The states are required to do a monetary reevaluation for possible new claim eligibility quarterly, whenever you transition to a tier, and at the bye. This may account for delay. PA has been overwhelmed for quite some time and takes longer than it should to do many things these days. You may have to wait a bit. Keep claiming. Always keep claiming.

Fed regs require in the case of multiple claims that the states pay EUC benefits from older claims first. On payment of multiple claims with tier benefits - see FAQs #4 Unemployment FAQs

Be aware that inasmuch as you had not begun EUC payments on Claim 2 before its bye in November 2011, those EUC benefits and EB on that claim are no longer available to you. Tier 3 from Claim 1 is the only benefit remaining.

A more complete explanation on Posts 22 & 23 here:

Wi euc help

Last edited by Ariadne22; 01-25-2012 at 02:58 PM..

Old 01-31-2012, 09:07 PM

Still no letter of financial determination for Tier 3 or payment for weeks filed. Waiting...waiting...

Anyone else in PA have this problem???

Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 AM

Called my State Representative this morning. He got me the number for the PA Overflow office. Apparently, I need to call and answer a few questions. When now transitioning from Tier 2 to Tier 3, they need to make certain you qualify so not to overpay. So, if anyone has ANY problems, please call your State Representative in your District.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 AM

14,166 posts, read 18,601,021 times
Similar but story on WI euc thread. Bye plus transition from Tier 2 to Tier 3 from earlier claim resulting in probably a two month delay in receipt of benefits because of data entry backup.

Wow.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:17 AM

Update. I called the PA Unemployment overflow department and was told that new Federal regulations require "human" release of funds when in Tier 3. I was totally confused when I first spoke to the gentleman.

He was very nice and spent 45 minutes on the phone with me, asking questions to do a "test" claim (a new one). Once again, I was confused. Anyhow, he stated that this test claim needed to be built before the government will release funds.

I don't know about all that. I am still confused, but I know have had my Tier 3 funds released and in 13 weeks, I pray I have a new job. At this point, I will work 2 jobs just to get off UE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment