U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-08-2012, 02:44 PM

370 posts, read 538,674 times

Advertisements

My husband was approved for XXX amount (he received a letter the other day) but on the site it says he is pending. How long does it actually take to get the check in your direct deposit? They told him 2-4 weeks because he was fired (but the company is not contesting his claim).

Is this normally how long it takes? Do they send you checks for the weeks you claim all once should it take 4 weeks?

Thanks so much.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 04:26 PM

14,380 posts, read 19,160,414 times
What state are you in? Some states have one-week waiting periods. Also, some states are better than others in processing claims.

In addition, was a misconduct penalty imposed? Normally that will be comprised of additional waiting weeks before benefits are paid?

Old 02-09-2012, 07:18 AM

370 posts, read 538,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
What state are you in? Some states have one-week waiting periods. Also, some states are better than others in processing claims.

In addition, was a misconduct penalty imposed? Normally that will be comprised of additional waiting weeks before benefits are paid?
Not sure about misconduct. He was fired but the HR manager said it would not be contested. The letter about what he would receive came within a week.

Thanks for your answer.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:11 PM

19 posts, read 32,799 times
I have a question about unemployment in NJ. What does it mean when it says pended for EUC benefits. I was told by a rep that i would be starting on tier 1 of an umemployment claim and when to call in and everything, but when i went online to check my claim status it says pended. Does that mean that it's a waiting period?

Old 07-20-2012, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 34,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarysPoppins View Post
My husband was approved for XXX amount (he received a letter the other day) but on the site it says he is pending. How long does it actually take to get the check in your direct deposit? They told him 2-4 weeks because he was fired (but the company is not contesting his claim).

Is this normally how long it takes? Do they send you checks for the weeks you claim all once should it take 4 weeks?

Thanks so much.
It might not be the same in all states,but this is true in the state of florida.It sucks but they have to review why the termination accured.Which will take three to four weeks.If by the fourth week he does not receive it. Make sure he calls!!!!He is only going to recieve one week pay from when he applied for the unemployment,not two.And this starts from the day his case is no longer pending.Then after that he wil get two weeks.If he has any quetions he can call 1-800-204-2418 that unemployments number.Best to call at 8:00 in the morning wed/thurs/friday for mondays and tuesday are very hard to get threw to them.Im going threw the same pending for my unemployment and already talked to the unemployment office and this the info they gave me.So I hope this helps.I know its fustrating.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:54 AM

2 posts, read 34,595 times
When you file for unemployment the have to do an investigation in to why the termination accured this is why its pending it take about three to for weeks from the day you filed.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 16,131 times
I retired and collecting NJ PERS pension, I applied for NJ unemployment on 10/21/12...I had interview with claims examiner on 11/26/12....my claim has been pended since 11/26/12....I was told to continue to claim biweekly...how long will my claim be pended? Does pended mean I am denied?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 AM

14,380 posts, read 19,160,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernhyn View Post
I retired and collecting NJ PERS pension, I applied for NJ unemployment on 10/21/12...I had interview with claims examiner on 11/26/12....my claim has been pended since 11/26/12....I was told to continue to claim biweekly...how long will my claim be pended? Does pended mean I am denied?
You may not be denied. But depending on the amount of pension and UE benefit, it may be your pension will offset at least 50%, or more, of your UE benefit. Per NJ:
Quote:
Q. Does my Pension or Social Security affect my claim?

A. Social Security Retirement benefits do not affect your unemployment benefits.

If you are eligible to receive a pension from an employer that is included on your unemployment claim, the benefits may be reduced. The term "pension" includes benefits paid in a lump sum, such as 401K, as well as pensions that are paid on a monthly basis. If you have applied, received or expect to receive a pension, a claims examiner appointment will be scheduled to discuss the pension. If you contributed the entire cost of your pension, your unemployment benefits will not be reduced. If you and your employer contributed to the pension, 50% of your weekly pension amount will be subtracted from your unemployment benefits. If your employer contributed the entire cost of your pension, your unemployment benefits will be reduced by 100% of your weekly pension amount.

Department of Labor and Workforce Development | Frequently Asked Questions
In the case of a PERS recipient, calculating your benefit should be very easy for any NJ examiner. They know how much NJ contributed to your retirement benefit, they know what formula they use in cases like yours.

If you still hear nothing in another week or so, call NJ - and consider emailing/writing your state representative. People on this board have had much success in other states getting action on a stalled claim by contacting their legislative representative.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-19-2012 at 02:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment