U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 AM

20 posts, read 16,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFJenn View Post
You are lucky you are only getting $5 dollars less then you did before. It should not matter for how much you get on your unemployment benefits. For a lot of people, including myself, we have taken cuts in pay so we can keep afloat. My last job I got paid $3,000 less per year then I did from my job before that. But I didn't complain. Be lucky that you will be working and being able to make your bills. Work hard and maybe they will keep you on a permanent basis.
You say you'll be working as a recruiter? Can you help me find a job? I am in S.F. CA.
Cheers!
Okay... What did I say that you think I was complaining? Yes, I took a $5/hr paycut, but I took the job and for me, the difference would be $12,000 annually if I worked a whole year. Not even including the lesser amount of benefits. I only mentioned it because it was relevant to my question about EUC, if in fact I have to go back on it.

Why do you think that I am not working hard? Even though it was made clear to me that this IS temporary, period - Recruiting jobs, challenging as they are, do not seem to be growing on trees here... I took it anyway, and I am working very hard and grateful for the opportunity to add to my skill set and learn a new industry.

Recruiters by the way, exist mostly to help their clients find staff. They do what they can to help match great talent with good jobs, but they are given marching orders by the Branch Manager, and that is always to make the client happy. Recruiters are a conduit of information - not necessarily decision makers. I am not sure what the market is like in your area, but if you are willing to consider working with staffing agencies, your best recourse is to contact the ones you are interested in, submit your most updated resume, ensure they always have current contact info. (I literally called 35 bad phone numbers today alone)... and contact them every 3 -5 days to make sure they know you are available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment