U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 05:20 PM

83 posts, read 124,097 times

Advertisements

@moved - thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 03:50 PM

OK. Today, I did not receive my claim form. I am really confused. Can someone give me clarification on this crap works now?

Old 07-24-2012, 04:49 PM

207 posts, read 399,928 times
Relax, it will come shortly.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:18 PM

@rgarjr - did you go throw the same thing?

Old 07-24-2012, 05:44 PM

Another person said that the delay is because if EDD still trying to get in contact with the employer. This doesnt make sense because them giving money without everything being approved is dumb on their part.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:15 PM

8,797 posts, read 12,389,414 times
Is there any money on your debit card? I usually get my claim form the week after I get my money. I received my money (funds transfer) on last Wednesday, and my claim form came on Saturday. They're not sent out at the same time, and probably also are sent from different departments within EDD.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 PM

@moved - yes, I had funds on the card (minus one week due to it being the waiting period). So, if I wasn't approved there wouldn't be funds? Thank you moved.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:28 PM

To all my fans, I got my Continued Claim Form today. EDD also responded to my e-mail question as well. So, for right now, all is gravy in the navy. But an even brighter light in the cloud showed up today, I have an interview with an IT company tomorrow. Its a job I applied for about two months ago. I hope all goes well and I can get off EDD.

I thank everyone for your input and help!!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2013, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 523 times
I filed my claim for unemployment 2 weeks ago and I received a letter stating I would get 300 dollars biweekly meaning 150 a week .I also received a letter with a booklet and In that letter I had to write down all the places I've been applying at I had to send it back to them now its been 3 weeks and still no card n no money ?..why did they send me that paper stating how Much I would get??. Was I denied? I voluntary quit my job because it became unhealthy for me to continue working there would that had been a reason to be denied??

Old 06-07-2013, 11:32 PM

14,255 posts, read 18,798,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael gee View Post
I filed my claim for unemployment 2 weeks ago and I received a letter stating I would get 300 dollars biweekly meaning 150 a week .I also received a letter with a booklet and In that letter I had to write down all the places I've been applying at I had to send it back to them now its been 3 weeks and still no card n no money ?..why did they send me that paper stating how Much I would get??. Was I denied? I voluntary quit my job because it became unhealthy for me to continue working there would that had been a reason to be denied??
Have you had a telephone interview w/California, yet? Normally, they will not pay benefits without investigating the quit.

Also, CA has a one-week waiting period. So, if you applied three weeks ago, the first week is your waiting period. Since CA pays benefits biweekly, you aren't eligible to claim the next two weeks until tomorrow - if you are using webcert.

Did you actually receive claim forms - or did you - on your own volition - send back a record of work searches only?

If you've mailed your actual claims forms back before the end of your claiming weeks, CA won't pay you at all and will probably need to send you new forms. If you sent back a record of work searches without the claim forms, CA has probably already thrown those out.

CA will send a Notice of UI Award, but that doesn't mean you've been approved.

I still think CA will be calling you before it will be paying benefits. You will need to provide medical evidence that your workplace was unhealthy.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 06-07-2013 at 11:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment