U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:44 PM

2 posts, read 17,574 times
Default Work Search

Hi I need some help, well i have recently gotten an approval for an extension on my claim. I usually go through web cert to process my claim form. This is my first extension. Well I was able to file online since it let me but when i recieved the paper form the next day it showed an "x" on work search record. Do i have to fill this out? I already submitted the claim form through web cert. I'm kinda nervous because how much of work search record you have to indicate each week and what do you place on filling it out. I need help. I did look for jobs but it says on the work search record

Date applied
company name
company address
person contacted
type of work
results? what do i indicate in results??? anyone help....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 01:24 AM

202 posts, read 387,739 times
If u mail in your claim form, then u have to fill out the 3 places u applied. Do it online and u don't need to input that info, just keep a log on your computer.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 AM

330 posts, read 869,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlabaco View Post
Hi I need some help, well i have recently gotten an approval for an extension on my claim. I usually go through web cert to process my claim form. This is my first extension. Well I was able to file online since it let me but when i recieved the paper form the next day it showed an "x" on work search record. Do i have to fill this out? I already submitted the claim form through web cert. I'm kinda nervous because how much of work search record you have to indicate each week and what do you place on filling it out. I need help. I did look for jobs but it says on the work search record

Date applied
company name
company address
person contacted
type of work
results? what do i indicate in results??? anyone help....
No. Just keep a log.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:29 PM

51 posts, read 138,872 times
I'm curious...has anyone ever had to send in their job search log? I'm keeping mine on an Excel spreadsheet and just listing the date of contact, company name, and the address if it was given. Do I need to list anything else? I've been mailing resumes when I can, because I've always felt it was a sign of a serious applicant if they printed their resume on nice paper and went to the trouble of mailing it. But then I realized, if I should ever get audited for some reason, I won't have proof that I mailed the resumes, the way I would if I have an email record. Has anyone ever had EDD call all the companies you listed and verify that you did contact them? I may start applying only over email from now on...

And has anyone been called by EDD three or four months into their claim to ask how it's going and see how many interviews you've had? I'm shocked at how difficult it is to find a good job in my area, which isn't struggling as much as the rest of the country. I haven't had a single interview yet, and it's been months.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 AM

4 posts, read 20,729 times
hi, I made a mistake on my claim form (via-edd web cert) I chose that I did not look for work and I hear that I do not get any money if I do so. I sent them a message about it just now. Is there a chance of fixing this?

I did look for work, btw. I had already filled out my Paper Claim Form but since I saw that I could do it via the web, I chose that and must have not read it thoroughly enough.

this is my first time filing for UI, btw! any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-11-2012, 12:13 PM

113 posts, read 186,505 times
I'm very worried. This morning I went to Web-cert to file my bi-weekly claim and once I logged in it didn't have these past two weeks available to file. Just what had already been issued. It stated If a particular certification period is not listed: Use your paper "Continued Claim" form to certify for that period. At the very bottom next to the exit button it says.. You have submitted all current claim forms and do not have any claims to submit at this time. Obviously I haven't submitted the newest claim form.

So, what I did was called Tele Cert which I have used once before. It did let me certify for the two previous weeks. I'm so scared something has happened. Is this normal for this to happen where they don't suddenly let you certify on the web? Should I have sent the paper form in? By the way there was no request for job search marked on the current claim form so that wouldn't be the reason to send in the paper form. At the end of certifying on the phone it said DON'T send in the form now. I guess I'm freaking a bit.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:51 PM

4,404 posts, read 5,179,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking333 View Post
hi, I made a mistake on my claim form (via-edd web cert) I chose that I did not look for work and I hear that I do not get any money if I do so. I sent them a message about it just now. Is there a chance of fixing this?

I did look for work, btw. I had already filled out my Paper Claim Form but since I saw that I could do it via the web, I chose that and must have not read it thoroughly enough.

this is my first time filing for UI, btw! any help would be greatly appreciated
You will be triggered for a phone interview ont he week in which you claim you did not look for work. Benefits will be delayed for that week and any future benefits until this is cleared up. You can TRY calling EDD and seeing if you can talk to the person who can clear that up for you without waiting for the phone interview...but that is hit or miss. Yes it is possible, but you have to talk to the right person who can "clear" the interview requirement. I had the machine misread, this was before the online was even an option and you had to file paper, that I had turned down work. I always photocopied my forms, so I sent in a photo copy of the form to the person I spoke with and all was good.

This wil cause about a 3 week delay in benefits.

And, while I am sympathetic, you need to be as careful in dealings with EDD as you would be with a job. YOu wouldn't make that kind of mistake at work, you need to be more thorough about it on this as well.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_me View Post
I'm very worried. This morning I went to Web-cert to file my bi-weekly claim and once I logged in it didn't have these past two weeks available to file. Just what had already been issued. It stated If a particular certification period is not listed: Use your paper "Continued Claim" form to certify for that period. At the very bottom next to the exit button it says.. You have submitted all current claim forms and do not have any claims to submit at this time. Obviously I haven't submitted the newest claim form.

So, what I did was called Tele Cert which I have used once before. It did let me certify for the two previous weeks. I'm so scared something has happened. Is this normal for this to happen where they don't suddenly let you certify on the web? Should I have sent the paper form in? By the way there was no request for job search marked on the current claim form so that wouldn't be the reason to send in the paper form. At the end of certifying on the phone it said DON'T send in the form now. I guess I'm freaking a bit.

Just found on a website called EDD sucks that in Cali Web-cert is having issues this weekend. So that sorta makes me relieved. I just hope it registered my telecert correctly. so many are having to call in when I tried calling back to check to see if it had received my claim over the phone it wouldn't process any request about information on my claim. I'm now reading even those trying to telecert can't do it.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:34 PM

2 posts, read 16,794 times
i have been using my web cert over the internet but today it shows that there is nothing for me to submit is this typical or should i use my paper form? hope nothing is wrong and still get my money on time please someone let me know

Old 11-11-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonvtec View Post
i have been using my web cert over the internet but today it shows that there is nothing for me to submit is this typical or should i use my paper form? hope nothing is wrong and still get my money on time please someone let me know
Gonvtec its an issue with more than a few. Read the complaints over at Claim not appearing on Webcert I'm very nervous about this. The alternative was to use Telecert. I didn't like it as there was no way to review your answers to make sure you answered correctly. I finished the process but have no idea if it actually processed my claim although they give you a claim reference number at the end. Since webcert isn't updating it still doesn't show any recent claim form submitted. Tomorrow is a holiday so that will further complicate things. Calling telecert back was no help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment