U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 02:57 PM

27 posts, read 111,732 times
I didnt get any message at all. I didnt even get the message that they were extending to 6:00.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 03:01 PM

35 posts, read 115,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalaeon View Post
I can't even get that far...
Mine hasn't told me to wait until monday. Mine says to try again in a few minutes since we have extended claims till 6pm

Old 03-11-2012, 03:15 PM

35 posts, read 115,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsole19 View Post
Mine hasn't told me to wait until monday. Mine says to try again in a few minutes since we have extended claims till 6pm
The Unemployment Insurance Web application for claiming weekly benefits
is not available at this time. Please try again later.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:25 PM

60 posts, read 62,672 times
I had the same problem. I kept trying till about 2:30pm when a message came up (I can't quote this word for word - hit exit by habit before I could copy it...) any way it said something to the effect that Due to difficulties today we are extending the time to claim online starting 3pm till 6pm. We apologize for the inconvenience.

OK, so.... I kept trying up till 5pm and at least I got almost to the claim page where you answer the questions. That was when this came up: "The Unemployment Insurance Web application for claiming weekly benefits is not available at this time. Please try again later. You can also call the Reemployment Call Center during regular working hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:00pm
The numbers are:"

I JUST WANTED TO SCREAM! WHY did they even bother to give hope and a generous promise of extended time to put in the claim? This is the first time I have seen such a message of extended time. Personally I am fed up with the Sunday online garbage. It rarely works, and I use it so I can have my money on Tues. instead of Wed. and I absolutely hate using the phone to claim. I don't have a land line, only a Blackberry. That is difficult too because even having call forward disabled, quite often in the middle of the process, I get dropped or disconnected. Funny, I never get dropped calls from anybody else. Oh, excuse me, one time when my son was driving thru a tunnel. Well, this was supposed to be a quick reply, I apologize for going on and on. BOTTOM LINE - NO!!! W2712, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE - as you cam see the responses. I am just so fed up and can not see why they even bothered to start the online thing. It is definitely not set up to make claiming more convenient for us. What a crock!!!! Curious, did anyone else happen upon the message about the extended hours to claim till 6pm?

Last edited by arcover1; 03-11-2012 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Repetitive, incomplete sentences, just not written well.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 PM

27 posts, read 111,732 times
i was on unemployment for new york a few years ago and it was SO EASY. Their website was never down.. And you could claim benefits by website or phone any time of the day.. also, if you had a problem or question that wasnt covered on the FAQs website, you ACTUALLY GOT TO TALK TO A PERSON! Also, if you were eligible for extension benefits, you didnt have to wait for a letter in the mail to tell you. You were notified by telephone and you didnt have to do anything to receive your extension.. all you had to do was keep claiming like normal. New Jersey's unemployment system is a joke.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:40 AM

6 posts, read 8,769 times
Here we are again in the situation of the site being down on another Sunday. I wonder how much interest is made on insurance money daily for the State's Bank account and is the actual reason the site is down. Scheduled maintenance my ass. Last Sunday was a good chance to fix problems. Odd how last Sunday,as soon as the hours one can apply over the internet is over, the sight magically came back online.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:09 AM

4 posts, read 10,344 times
dude now the whole site wont even come up for me anymore last sunday i was able to atlease get to the main site but not the questions and all that but now its totally down...

Old 03-18-2012, 08:42 AM

10 posts, read 52,265 times
Angry Sunday claims not working...

Mine too. I think they trying to stop Sunday claims :-(

Old 03-18-2012, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,772 times
idk whats going on the past 2 sundays..again today i cant even get the website up

Old 03-18-2012, 09:28 AM

4 posts, read 10,344 times
i wish they would have just announced it somewhere not just out of no where shut it down... not nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment