U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 05:15 AM

26 posts, read 96,217 times

Advertisements

this is for NY state, I went to file a claim this morning, and they said I was on Do not claim benefits this week if you failed to search for work for any reason or did not contact at least two employers as instructed in the Extended Benefits Eligibility Rules. To submit your claim, you must check the box below and to the right.If I received in the mail a form titled "Extended Benefits Monthly Work Search Record", I will complete and return this form on the last Sunday of the month. I will show on this form I contacted at least two employers this week. To be eligible for extended benefits, I certify that I have actively searched for suitable work, including any work I am capable of doing. I have not recevied this form,but I click the link above it takes me to the form should I use that form? or call unemployment and tell that i did not get a form.

I am on my second claim, I already received 13 weeks of extended benefits on my first claim.
I have a copy the form from that claim, (the work sheet), now its saying I am eligible on my second claim,, The question is should I call UE and tell them I did not get a letter with the form , or just proceed and use the online form with the link they supply you with , and claim my weekly benefits. I don't want to do anything wrong. thank you

Last edited by rosierosierosie; 03-25-2012 at 06:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 11:50 AM

20,791 posts, read 41,427,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosierosierosie View Post
this is for NY state, I went to file a claim this morning, and they said I was on

Quote:
To submit your claim, you must check the box below and to the right. If I received in the mail a form titled "Extended Benefits Monthly Work Search Record", I will complete and return this form on the last Sunday of the month.
I have not recevied this form,but I click the link above it takes me to the form should I use that form? or call unemployment and tell that i did not get a form.
Message says "If" you received that form. You didn't. Use the online form with the link. Many states use online work search forms to cut the paperwork.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 03-25-2012 at 12:00 PM..

Old 03-25-2012, 12:19 PM

thank you , another question the work sheet form do I have to send it tommorow because that is Monday after the last sunday of month of March. Or do I wait until the last Sunday of April because this is the beginning of extended benefits for me. thank you so much for your help

Old 03-25-2012, 12:27 PM

The online work search information should eliminate the need to mail in the work search form monthly. It would make no sense for NY to require online and mailed info. NY has not sent you a form for your current claim. Forget that you have a copy of the form from an earlier claim. This form from an older claim no longer applies if you are able to provide work search information online.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:36 PM

no its not online form it just a form that you can print, and it says must be mailed in. I just wanted to know if you knew if I had to mail it this week or last sunday of next month.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:42 PM

If you have nothing to report until the end of April, mail it in then.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 7,918 times
Default prior claim extended benefits relate to current claim

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: New York
Is it true that if I exhausted all Extended Benefits form a claim begun in May 2007, I am ineligible for Extended Benefits for a claim begun in October 2010?

I am writing this on this thread because I can't figure out how to start a new thread. Hope Ariadne22 will answer.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea123 View Post
My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: New York
Is it true that if I exhausted all Extended Benefits form a claim begun in May 2007, I am ineligible for Extended Benefits for a claim begun in October 2010?
You need to have exhausted federal EUC benefits from the May 2007 claim and begun collecting EUC benefits from the October 2010 claim before October 2011. If you were still collecting 2007 tier benefits after October 2011, your rights to EUC from the later claim have expired. EUC from any claim only remains available if you have begun EUC payments from that claim before its benefit year end (bye).

Old 04-08-2012, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 7,918 times
To clarify and correct, my first claim started in May 2006 and I exhausted all benefits by May 2008 (probably the 99 weeks which included the very last amount - "extended benefits." After the end of new work in 2010, I filed a new claim in October 2010. I have now exhausted all the benefits from this claim except for the 13 possible addition weeks of "extended benefits." One employee told me that if I had used up all the extended benefits from the first claim, I would have none availabe under this claim.

Thanks for your help Ariadne22.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea123 View Post
To clarify and correct, my first claim started in May 2006 and I exhausted all benefits by May 2008 (probably the 99 weeks which included the very last amount - "extended benefits." After the end of new work in 2010, I filed a new claim in October 2010. I have now exhausted all the benefits from this claim except for the 13 possible addition weeks of "extended benefits." One employee told me that if I had used up all the extended benefits from the first claim, I would have none availabe under this claim.
Not correct. That rep is confusing EB with multiple open claims. In the event there is a new claim opened while you have unexhausted benefits from an earlier claim, EB from that earlier claim is lost. However, that scenario is irrelevant to your current situation, because...

You completely exhausted all benefits from the earlier claim.

Therefore, the 2010 claim is standalone in what it pays. Since you exhausted all benefits from the first claim, including EB, you are entitled to a full complement of benefits from the 2010 claim.

Due to lookback, NY state is projected to trigger off EB June 9th. Per BLS, NYS is still paying 20 weeks EB, although that may be reduced to 13 weeks soon. That said, you can collect EB until NY triggers off, possibly June 9th, or you have collected 13/20 weeks, whichever comes first. If the June 9 date is correct, you will collect approximately 11 weeks' EB.

Keep claiming. NY should transition you automatically. If they don't, call them and keep calling until you get a rep who knows what they are doing.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 04-08-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or