U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 01:11 PM

24 posts, read 119,927 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long after the interview until I find out of my claim went through or was rejected? I had my examiner interview last Tuesday and I'm anxiously waiting to find out. The lady on the phone said around a week I should get a deposit in my bank account if it went through or a letter in the mail if I'm denied. When I log onto claim inquiry it just says "claim pended". Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 01:09 AM

38 posts, read 182,213 times
I am wondering the same, I had my phone interview on 3/29. The examiner explained that I would only recieve notification via mail with in 3-5 days if the claim was denied. If you recieve no notification you can expect your $ 10-14 after the interview.

Please keep me posted on what happens and good luck!!

Old 04-05-2012, 03:03 PM

Well I had my interview on the 27th and as of today still nothing in the mail and no change from the "your claim is pended" message on the website. Now tomorrow is good Friday which is a state holiday so I guess I'll have to wait until Monday for any kind of update. Good luck with your claim Marpat!

Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suh90 View Post
Well I had my interview on the 27th and as of today still nothing in the mail and no change from the "your claim is pended" message on the website. Now tomorrow is good Friday which is a state holiday so I guess I'll have to wait until Monday for any kind of update. Good luck with your claim Marpat!
I called my old employers HR department yesterday and the lady had admitted that they are not going to contest and they have not even sent back the rebuttal documents. She claims they are going to send them back on monday as a no contest. So I hope this all means im going to get my UI sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:00 AM

7 posts, read 86,272 times
Any update? I am in the same boat as you and am waiting. I did my claim interview on 4/4 and the interviewer said he didn't see reason to disqualify me. Status still says pending.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Yeah I recieved a letter in the mail on 4/7 (interview was 3/27) saying im disqualified from benefits for 7 weeks (starting from my first file date) and I can reopen my claim to receive benefits after that period. They had it listed as simple misconduct which I think I can appeal and win, but then I'd be waiting a few months for any money. I'm just gonna wait until the 17th so I start receiving money that week.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:28 PM

7 posts, read 86,272 times
Sorry to hear about that Suh90. If you do not appeal you begin collecting in 7 weeks? If you do appeal you collect nothing until your appeal is decided? (which is longer than 7 weeks)

In my case I was told I was being let go because my performance was not up to what the company had in mind. There was no triggering event or anything like that (that I was told about or I know of). The person doing the interview said based on my answers he saw no reason that I would not be able to get benefits. But I have no idea what my company said or if they said anything. So not knowing is the hardest part right now.

Last edited by SSGoblinR75; 04-11-2012 at 03:26 PM..

Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 PM

My claim was approved yesterday but Im still waiting on the money to actually hit my account via direct deposit. According to UI it will take up to 48 hrs to be in my bank. I am getting 4 weeks of payments, I filed originally on 3/11 had the examiners interview on 3/29 and was approved on 4/11. Hopefully the cash will be there in the morning.

good luck to all!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 PM

4,087 posts, read 4,641,142 times
Hate when the system that is supposed to protect you causes all this needless worrying for nothing.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
Hate when the system that is supposed to protect you causes all this needless worrying for nothing.
tell me about it, i have not slept well in weeks and I still wont until the money is in my account. The anxiety caused by the waiting for answers is terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment