U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 04-07-2012, 03:05 PM
9 posts, read 40,276 times
Reputation: 11


I've just gotten news that a relative of mine is very ill and I want to go see them before it's too late. They live out of the country and this wouldn't be a quick trip, probably 2-4 weeks or so.

I am currently receiving UE in CA and am on my first tier. I know that I can't receive UE while out of the country and I'm fine with that. I'm guessing that my UE will get cancelled while I'm gone since I won't be turning in my continued claim forms. My question is: how do I go about restarting my UE when I get back? Is it just a matter of calling/emailing the UE office or do I have to fill out a whole bunch of paperwork just like when I first filed for UE? Also, should I give them a heads up before I leave town so it will make the process of restarting my UE easier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top