Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 AM

24 posts, read 66,176 times

Advertisements

Done...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 01:27 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
I had sent an email to MA yesterday telling them their website needed clarification. Got a voice mail today from MA,saying it had updated its website (and, I hope, its computers):
Quote:
Please note that due to the improving unemployment rate in Massachusetts, the week ending June 23, 2012 is the last week in which claimants can establish eligibility on Tier III.

Unemployment Insurance - Labor and Workforce Development - Mass.Gov
Quote:
The week ending 06/23/12 is the last week in which claimants can exhaust Tier II and establish eligibility on Tier III.

Overview of Latest Extension Benefits - Labor and Workforce Development - Mass.Gov
So, Bob R, we got it done.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:23 PM

Good going! A lot of people will appreciate that. Thanks for your extra effort for us. I never heard back from the email.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:42 AM

Tried filing for my first week of Tier 3 this morning after expiring Tier 2 June 2 and this is what I got:

Claim Error: Bye Date Expired --> Last Week: - Current Week: - Prev Week: - Bye: - RedCL Date:

My bye date expired the end of March and I refiled a new claim then. Looks like I'll have to call them Tuesday again. Here we go again!!!!!

Old 06-10-2012, 07:52 AM

Tried again and now I get this:

Technical Difficulties

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with WebCert and TeleCert.

To err is human....if you really want to screw things up, use a computer.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:34 AM

Now I finally get through on the computer and file my claim and get this as a response:

Your WebCert Filing Has Been Processed.
  • Call the Telephone Claims Center at 1-888-998-8418 to file a new claim. Your extended benefits claim has expired. You may be entitled to additional benefits.
It was my understanding that you don't have to call them going from one Tier to the next in EUC. Why can't these people get it right for a change?!

Old 06-10-2012, 11:17 AM

Because it's Sunday. You probably tried too early in the day. Just b/c you could always claim previously at 6 a.m. doesn't mean you can today. In many states, the online claim feature is only available between certain hours.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:51 AM

11 posts, read 108,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob R View Post
Now I finally get through on the computer and file my claim and get this as a response:

Your WebCert Filing Has Been Processed.
  • Call the Telephone Claims Center at 1-888-998-8418 to file a new claim. Your extended benefits claim has expired. You may be entitled to additional benefits.
It was my understanding that you don't have to call them going from one Tier to the next in EUC. Why can't these people get it right for a change?!

I am about to encounter a similiar situation as yourself in Arizona, except, I just filed last week for Tier III, W/E 06/09/2012, this morning & should be going into Tier IV. So, I am in anticipation as you, & I am sure many others around the country, that fall into this 3 week lag as stated on the BLS website, which was announced on June 4, 2012:

Office of Unemployment Insurance, Employment & Training Administration (ETA) - U.S. Department of Labor

[CENTER]Changes to state eligibility in Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4 of the EUC 2008 program[/CENTER]

PL 112-96 required changes to trigger thresholds in the EUC 2008 program that took effect as of the week ending June 2, 2012. The current total unemployment rate trigger thresholds for the EUC 2008 program are as follows:
  • Tier 1 will continue to be open to all claimants with EUC eligibility, with no changes.
  • Tier 2 will require states to have at least a 6% TUR trigger rate.
  • Tier 3 will require states to have at least a 7% TUR trigger rate.
  • Tier 4 will require states to have at least a 9% TUR trigger rate
These changes to the trigger thresholds have produced the following changes to state eligibility in the EUC 2008 program:
  • States that are below the rate necessary to remain on in Tier 2 under the new 6% trigger threshold are: IA, MN, NE, NH, ND, OK, SD, UT, VT, VA, and WY. These states have an "off" indicator in EUC Tier 2 with the week ending June 2, 2012. The week ending June 23, 2012 will be the last week in which EUC claimants in those states could exhaust Tier 1, which would allow them to establish eligibility in Tier 2. Under the phase-out provisions, claimants could receive any remaining entitlement they have in Tier 2 after June 23, 2012.
  • States that are below the rate necessary to remain on in Tier 3 under the new 7% trigger threshold are: DE, HI, KS, MD, MA, MT, WV, and WI. These states now have an "off" indicator in EUC Tier 3 with the week ending June 2, 2012. The week ending June 23, 2012 will be the last week in which EUC claimants in those states could exhaust Tier 2, which would allow them to establish eligibility in Tier 3. Under the phase-out provisions, claimants could receive any remaining entitlement they have in Tier 3 after June 23, 2012.
  • States that are below the rate necessary to remain on in Tier 4 under the new 9% trigger threshold are: AZ, IL, KY, MI, and OR. These states will have an "off" indicator in EUC Tier 4 with the week ending June 2, 2012. The week ending June 23, 2012 will be the last week in which EUC claimants in those states could exhaust Tier 3, which would allow them to establish eligibility in Tier 4. Under the phase-out provisions, claimants could receive any remaining entitlement they have in Tier 4 after June 23, 2012.
Created: March 29, 2004
Updated: June 4, 2012

I will update what I encounter this week with Arizona, as of now, there is no detail information regarding this announcement. In fact, Arizona has never really been as detailed as other states with the changes & prerequisites that are being implemented with the unemployment benefit extension changes as 2012 goes along on their website. The only consistent communication from them through this process, as been through letters sent to me, updating in regards to finishing one Tier & going into another Tier & the updated $ amount that has been added for new Tier you are about to go into.

Bob R, I wish you the best tomorrow & hope it isn't too frustrating & nerve-wracking dealing with them on the phone. It's enough stress not having a job or trying to land a job in itself, let alone, informing these states what they are suppose to be doing at present time.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenHereBeenThere View Post
I am about to encounter a similiar situation as yourself in Arizona, except, I just filed last week for Tier III, W/E 06/09/2012, this morning & should be going into Tier IV.

I will update what I encounter this week with Arizona, as of now, there is no detail information regarding this announcement.
^^OT.

This is a MA thread, not an Arizona thread, latest post from Bob because MA online claiming system was not working properly.

What you are "about to encounter" - about which you can only guess at the moment - in AZ is totally unrelated to Bob's most recent post about MA online claiming messages.

AZ Tier IV issues are discussed on a separate thread. Post any future comments on AZ Tier IV claiming issues here:

Tier 4 for AZ, MI, MS, and PR now 16 weeks.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 06-10-2012 at 12:34 PM..

Old 06-10-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Because it's Sunday. You probably tried too early in the day. Just b/c you could always claim previously at 6 a.m. doesn't mean you can today. In many states, the on line claim feature is only available between certain hours.
Nope...not the reason. The system won't let you file until after 7 AM and I filed after 7AM.

The first message I got was an error obviously generated by the "Technical Difficulty". The second I got didn't even let me get to the WEB page and just announced they were having technical difficulty with not only their WEB filing, but their phone filing as well. The last message I got is WRONG. I was able to file, answer all the questions and submit the claim. Normally I get a message after submitting the claim that my check will be deposited in my account. My EUC has not expired. I'm just going from Tier 2 to Tier 3 and as usual...it is another need to call when it shouldn't be. I had to call going from UI to Tier 1. I had to call going from Tier 1 to Tier 2. I have to call going from Tier 2 to Tier 3. Don't they get it??? Then they wonder why their phones are all tied up and have to give you a special day to call based on the last digit of your SSN It should be seamless and go into the next Tier if you're qualified...which I am. So I'm wrong here???!!! I don't think so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment