Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:19 AM

3 posts, read 9,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisdster View Post
I had my REA meeting today, and boy, was it a breeze!

I got there about 40 minutes early, had already done all of the paperwork online and printed the required samples and a copy of my resume from the CalJobs site. They lined us up at 8:40 for the 9 o'clock appointment (there were about 10 of us there at that time) and started checking us in; the check-in consisted of checking your id, VERY quickly checking to see what paperwork you had, and then referring you to a work station to complete anything you hadn't done ahead of time. For the two of us who had everything already in order, all we had to do was complete a quick questionnaire and we were done. I left at 8:50.

:-)
I have my appointment on Tuesday. So, its not a one on one?Are they going to keep all documents or should I make copies? Did you have a seperate list of contacts or did you just fill out the form they gave you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 11:22 AM

330 posts, read 1,456,901 times
If you are in California it doesn't matter what you put down. There is still double digit unemployment in this state. I applied for several minimum wage jobs and was rejected. I hope the state requiring people to put down job searches collects the data so they will know how bleak the job situtation in this state is.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,348 times
Question about the work search record, much of my search is on the internet (Careerbuilder, Monsterjobs, etc.) a contact name is not always available for applicants. Does it matter, I can't always give a name for who will be looking at my resume. Sometimes you just get the company name, address and maybe an internet address.
Also, I have applied for office work (my last job) and also a few cocktail waitress jobs (previous experience) should I include both?
I have yet to receive any interviews in 9 months of job searches, is this typical?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,394,577 times
Put the info you have, they understand that you are also looking online. The average is 7-9 months, some industries longer. And I would bring in your entire work search record.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 4,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez777 View Post
I have my appointment on Tuesday. So, its not a one on one?Are they going to keep all documents or should I make copies? Did you have a seperate list of contacts or did you just fill out the form they gave you?
Please follow up with a detailed review of your meeting it will be very helpful to those of us who are getting close to our state benefits ending.

I have a couple of questions in the meantime.

1. Are we automatically signed up for the federal extension? I cant find any info on whether we need to do something to trigger this.

2. Do they have this meeting before you start receiving tier 1 federal benefits? or do they call you in sometime afterward?

3. how in depth is this meeting? do they just ask to see the paperwork or do they review your work search log onsite and interview you as well?

thank you,

Ocguy

Old 08-10-2012, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisdster View Post
I had my REA meeting today, and boy, was it a breeze!

I got there about 40 minutes early, had already done all of the paperwork online and printed the required samples and a copy of my resume from the CalJobs site. They lined us up at 8:40 for the 9 o'clock appointment (there were about 10 of us there at that time) and started checking us in; the check-in consisted of checking your id, VERY quickly checking to see what paperwork you had, and then referring you to a work station to complete anything you hadn't done ahead of time. For the two of us who had everything already in order, all we had to do was complete a quick questionnaire and we were done. I left at 8:50.

:-)

Old 11-16-2012, 04:33 PM

29 posts, read 95,468 times
How much work search record should I bring in to my REA appt? 1 months worth or more?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:04 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingFWD View Post
How much work search record should I bring in to my REA appt? 1 months worth or more?
Bring it all.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 PM

29 posts, read 95,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Bring it all.
Thank you. I have my Work Search Record listed on the reverse side of my Continued Claim form. Would that suffice? Or do they need email correspondence record. I only have some, others I believe I've deleted as my email gets overloaded.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
The information you have is fine. Don't bother with acknowledging emails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment