U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-06-2012, 05:55 PM

54 posts, read 24,770 times
Question EUC Cut off in the middle of the tier?

My unemployment began on 5/23/2011, my BYE Date was 5/27/2012, I'm in NYS. I was directed to go down to the unemployment office 3 weeks ago to prove that I was applying for jobs (and so that there wouldn't be an interruption of EUC benefits), and they told me I was going about my job search properly and that I should continue to claim as normal.

I was on Tier 2 of EUC, and had collected 3 payments. I logged in on Sunday to certify the claim for last week (and that was recorded by the system: "You last certified for benefits for the week ending 06/03/2012").

But, I did not receive payment this week, and the system does not show that the payment was recorded under payment history, nor was it released. Since my BYE occurred in the middle of the tier, do I have to file a new claim?? If I do, and since I still have a remaning balance of $2,835.00 will the new claim be automatic?

I'm scared because I thought I still had 10 payments before this tier ran out...

Thank you, I appreciate your responses!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 PM

13,876 posts, read 17,902,404 times
You went to the NY office for an employment review, but did not recertify your claim.

You need to contact NY ASAP and recertify your claim. This is standard procedure at the end of a benefit year. NY will not pay you until they hear from you.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
You went to the NY office for an employment review, but did not recertify your claim.

You need to contact NY ASAP and recertify your claim. This is standard procedure at the end of a benefit year. NY will not pay you until they hear from you.
Thanks for the response! Is the recertification automatic? I.e. is there a wait period after I call them? I don't want to lose last weeks payment.

(I'm not happy they didn't mention this at the unemployment office )

Old 06-06-2012, 07:53 PM

13,876 posts, read 17,902,404 times
You will get last week's payment whenever NY completes its monetary determination. I'm guessing you may have to wait until next week. Call NY tomorrow.

Whoever reviewed your job searches was not concerned about your expiring claim. That person might actually have been clueless on what was needed at the bye. Two separate procedures.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
You will get last week's payment whenever NY completes its monetary determination. I'm guessing you may have to wait until next week. Call NY tomorrow.

Whoever reviewed your job searches was not concerned about your expiring claim. That person might actually have been clueless on what was needed at the bye. Two separate procedures.
Huh. I did ask about the tier and all they told me was to keep on claiming as normal. I will call tomorrow and report back as to what occurred (hopefully someone else can learn from my experience).

Thank you again for your response and encyclopedic knowledge.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:13 AM

5,512 posts, read 10,154,164 times
It's not the tier that is the issue; it's the BYE (benefit year end). Make sure you use the right words when you make contact.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
It's not the tier that is the issue; it's the BYE (benefit year end). Make sure you use the right words when you make contact.
When I spoke to them, they automatically told me that the BYE had ended, and since I claim the payment for this week, they were going to backdate it and release it asap. They also told me to continue to claim benefits as normal.

How long should it take for the recertification to go through and that the back-payment to be released?

Old 06-07-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
When I spoke to them, they automatically told me that the BYE had ended, and since I claim the payment for this week, they were going to backdate it and release it asap. They also told me to continue to claim benefits as normal.

How long should it take for the recertification to go through and that the back-payment to be released?

If they said they'd release it ASAP it should be within a day or 2...that was always how it was for us.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
If they said they'd release it ASAP it should be within a day or 2...that was always how it was for us.
Ah ok. I'll check the system tomorrow. When they re-certified you, did the 'certify benefits' button appear again after you logged in? It hasn't shown up yet...

Old 06-07-2012, 09:24 AM

We usually had to wait a day to certify the week and then a day for the payment. Hope it works the same for you. I understand your stress and anxiety all too well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment