Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 07:08 AM

165 posts, read 430,760 times

Advertisements

Just found article relating to President's stimulus - including ui extension. Obama Administration Stimulus: White House Sees Fiscal Cliff Deal As Last, Best Hope.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 AM

4,400 posts, read 13,392,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Thebunny - you're one of the other ones I was referring too, who has been so helpful to all here! A big thanks!
You're welcome.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:19 PM

234 posts, read 686,354 times
until bunny tells me one person she knows who can drive, shower, talk on a phone, and eat at the same time i give her no credit haha

the fed chair is talking quite a bit about unemployment and is going to make it less likely they will cut this years policy spending amount. i think it still might be changed with more weeks in weaker states and less weeks in stronger states if that makes anyone feel better and that's if they make any changes at all. so enjoy your holiday because you won't have a real answer but its just a theme he is really focused on and he has a big stick in DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
You're welcome.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:36 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by around1999 View Post
until bunny tells me one person she knows who can drive, shower, talk on a phone, and eat at the same time i give her no credit haha

the fed chair is talking quite a bit about unemployment and is going to make it less likely they will cut this years policy spending amount. i think it still might be changed with more weeks in weaker states and less weeks in stronger states if that makes anyone feel better and that's if they make any changes at all. so enjoy your holiday because you won't have a real answer but its just a theme he is really focused on and he has a big stick in DC.
I like to follow Bubble Ben Bernake, because I spent 6 year in finance and investing, and I don't know if any viewed the speech he gave a several months back, but he basically said they expect no dramatic improvement in unemployment until 2015, and that is why they are leaving interest rates at 0%, or .25% to be exact. Housing was a major reason the economy crashed and until you see signs of that sector improving in your local market, don't get your hopes up too much.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM

40 posts, read 165,057 times
Unemployment at just over 10% in CA - add more weeks!

Sent from my GTab 2 7.0

Old 12-12-2012, 01:58 PM

234 posts, read 686,354 times
that was the theme he was pumping again but changed 2015 to 6.5% unemployment rate. this not the thread for it but bubble ben is delusional only pain fixes economies not giving money to big companies than begging them to hire people and when it does not work given them more. i don't think its fixable to 6.5% unless you stop counting the people that gave up looking. its just something i put out there because he is a very powerful man talking about unemployment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I like to follow Bubble Ben Bernake, because I spent 6 year in finance and investing, and I don't know if any viewed the speech he gave a several months back, but he basically said they expect no dramatic improvement in unemployment until 2015, and that is why they are leaving interest rates at 0%, or .25% to be exact. Housing was a major reason the economy crashed and until you see signs of that sector improving in your local market, don't get your hopes up too much.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 PM

15 posts, read 23,777 times
Serious differences remain as US "fiscal cliff," talks drag on - Yahoo! News Watch there be a deal by Friday... a politicians Christmas is always work free!

Quote:
Boehner advises politicians to "make no plans" to leave for the holidays as talks with Obama continue.

Last edited by DL9281; 12-12-2012 at 10:02 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 05:19 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by around1999 View Post
Unemployment Extended Benefit Options

Unemployment Extended Benefit Options

Option 1: Fully extend the current EUC program and temporary provisions of the EB program for one year.

Option 2: Partially extend the current EUC program by providing at most 14 extra weeks of benefits for one year.

Option 3: Allow UI recipients to finish receiving up to 14 weeks of EUC benefits, depending on the number of weeks of benefits for which they will qualify at the end of December 2012.

Option 4: Extend the current EB program for one year, maintaining full federal funding and allowing states to more easily qualify for the program.

If you are an unemployed worker your eligibility for extended benefits, if an extension is passed, will depend on where you are in your current claim and what type of extension is passed. You may, or may not, be eligible for continued unemployment benefits.
This is not very comforting.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:39 AM

40 posts, read 165,057 times
How so? A few of these options are the same or better than we have now. Also, none of this is passed yet.

Sent from my ET4G

Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcidroyale View Post
How so? A few of these options are the same or better than we have now. Also, none of this is passed yet.

Sent from my ET4G
Due to my individual situation. My husband's state benefit ends on 12/29 so we don't know where we stand. It also looks like y they are going to wait until the last minute. If you read the last paragraph, some people may get cut off.

None of these options are better than what we have that I could tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment