U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-01-2013, 02:02 PM

234 posts, read 331,599 times

Advertisements

first that's the worst math i ever saw its less than 11 weeks 54% of 20 weeks. where did you guys get this info? it makes no sense. they gave up everything and will beg the republicans for more room in the debt ceiling and need to cut a lot of social problems along the way. i am scratching my head on what i am reading in this thread. i did not see any news on the internet about this either. i never figured to get much more but i feel bad for people just getting unemployment if this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasdavie View Post
So in my case it was 20 weeks , so instead I will get like 12 weeks right? I think its 54% or something.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:15 PM

you are already gotten 54% of tier 1 at the end of 2012 i think you guys made all this up in your head. i am waiting to hear Ariadne22 say this before i believe it haha

Old 01-01-2013, 02:21 PM

23 posts, read 19,017 times
If (when) the new extension passes, will I be able to move to Tier 4 here in California? I finished my 3rd Tier on December 29th. I'm a bit worried that I won't qualify since the bill will have passed after I technically exhausted all my benefits.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:31 PM

419 posts, read 772,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by around1999 View Post
first that's the worst math i ever saw its less than 11 weeks 54% of 20 weeks. where did you guys get this info? it makes no sense. they gave up everything and will beg the republicans for more room in the debt ceiling and need to cut a lot of social problems along the way. i am scratching my head on what i am reading in this thread. i did not see any news on the internet about this either. i never figured to get much more but i feel bad for people just getting unemployment if this is true.
I don't know if that's the percentage or not. It might be inaccurate but there is no doubt the grammar and punctuation in your post is far worse

I dont know about the tiers in other states but this one is for Florida.

Emergency Unemployment Compensation - FloridaJobs.org

Here it is. It is 54% ............so that is right. But its up to 14 weeks. Not 12 weeks. Then you would transition to tier two if the state still offers it. Then tier 3 if they offer it and Florida no longer offers tier 4.

Hope this helps

Old 01-01-2013, 02:38 PM

if my grammar and punctuation was right that would mean i was drunk haha look at last years final tiers that's 54%. i am very confused with everything on this thread not saying its wrong but it makes no sense that they would pick 54% again unless that's a lucky number

September 2, 2012-January 5, 2013:*
Tier 1 - 54% of original benefit amount
Tier 2 - 54% of original benefit amount
Tier 3 - 35% of original benefit amount
Tier 4 - 39% of original benefit amount

Quote:
I don't know if that's the percentage or not. It might be inaccurate but there is no doubt the grammar and punctuation in your post is far worse

Here it is. It is 54% ............so that is right. But its up to 14 weeks. Not 12 weeks. Then you would transition to tier two if the state still offers it. Then tier 3 if they offer it and Florida no longer offers tier 4.

Hope this helps

Old 01-01-2013, 02:47 PM

15 posts, read 14,049 times
House GOP opposition to fiscal cliff bill grows - Jake Sherman and Carrie Budoff Brown - POLITICO.com

Latest updates: Will the House vote? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Looks like we are in the for the long haul.

While I'm not a republican nor a democrat...come-on guys...really?

You had 500+ days to work this out...nothing that was proposed is worth what is to come.

Asian markets open in what.....4 hours and change?

I wonder is the DOW is going to have to get destroyed in-order for politicians to actually work.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:23 PM

16,828 posts, read 7,451,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL9281 View Post
I wonder is the DOW is going to have to get destroyed in-order for politicians to actually work.
It will. I'd expect the Dow to drop 300 plus Wednesday barring either a deal or an announcement of a House vote.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:40 PM

15 posts, read 14,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It will. I'd expect the Dow to drop 300 plus Wednesday barring either a deal or an announcement of a House vote.
Yea that sounds about right...

The real question is, how will the world markets react to this.

It's no question as to the fact that the US owes money to everyone.

I'm curious how they(world markets...esp Asian) will act if this bill does not pass... If they can't get over this "bunny" cliff...how are they going to handle the debt limit....if that comes and goes its near certain the us will default on its obligations.

(That being said, its blatantly obvious that the US has the means to pay its bills....even if it his the limit...its just that the Treasury will be legally bound to not pay)

Asian markets open soon..we will see...that could ultimately make them vote...they could be in session until 8 when they open.

Edit: I'd like to state, (I'm not sure on the forum rules so I'll be vague) being a young 20-something.... congress has never been viewed positively by my generation...If we go over this and they drag it out until the debt limit....I wonder what that will do to voter turnout..why should my peers and I vote for a clearly, broken system.

Just a thought.

Wishing the best for everyone as I know that EUC is a lifeline for many.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:52 PM

1,178 posts, read 571,840 times
Cantor’s opposition likely dooms the chances for fast House passage of the legislation without changes, which could prolong efforts to avert the automatic tax increases and spending cuts that technically took effect on Tuesday. If there is no agreement by the end of the current Congress at noon on Thursday, negotiations would have to start over in the next Congress. Many economists believe that the fiscal cliff’s full effect would drive the economy back into recession. ...
FULL STORY: [link to www.washingtonpost.com]

Old 01-01-2013, 05:12 PM

14,254 posts, read 18,798,636 times
Quote:
So in my case it was 20 weeks , so instead I will get like 12 weeks right? I think its 54% or something.
You get 54% of whatever your original monetary determination is.
Quote:
first that's the worst math i ever saw its less than 11 weeks 54% of 20 weeks. where did you guys get this info?
thomasdavie collects from FL. FL does not pay more than 23 weeks, right now less, because of a lower UE rate. Information long available in FAQS, as follows:
Quote:
States currently offering less than 26 weeks – Effective 1/1/2012
Florida – 12-23 weeks, depending on unemployment rate, reduces by one week for every .5% reduction in UE rate, starting at 10.5%. Current 10% rate means 22 weeks, not 23.
Michigan – 20 weeks
Illinois – 25 weeks
Missouri – 20 weeks
South Carolina – 20 weeks

http://www.city-data.com/forum/22370378-post2.html
TD's original monetary determination was the equivalent of 20 weeks. Thus, he gets 54% of the 20 weeks for Tier 1.
Quote:
you are already gotten 54% of tier 1 at the end of 2012 i think you guys made all this up in your head. i am waiting to hear Ariadne22 say this before i believe it haha
Quote:

Hope this helps
So, you STILL haven't read FAQS? This information is in FAQS and has been since February:

Quote:
September 2, 2012-January 5, 2013:*
Tier 1 - 54% of original monetary determination (up to 14 weeks)
Tier 2 - 54% of original monetary determination (up to 14 weeks)
Tier 3 - 35% of original monetary determination (up to 09 weeks)
Tier 4 - 39% of original monetary determination (up to 10 weeks)

The weekly benefit rate remains the same throughout the life of the claim.

Tier benefits are a percentage of the original monetary determination, divided by the weekly benefit amount, to arrive at the actual number of weeks available per tier. A smaller claim may not receive the full 20/14/13/6 (before 9/2) or 14/14/09/10 (after 9/2) weeks, etc.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/25250900-post6.html
FAQS is a sticky for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment