Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,911,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmike32 View Post
I just saw that the house vote is under the way, right now, so if its passes and president signs will benefits be extended?

Yes.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:57 PM

426 posts, read 1,906,160 times
Here goes, they now have 218 votes, it passes. Now the president will sign it in the morning at thats it !!!

Wooo hooo !!!

How long before the states are back online with the EUC ?

Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 PM

113 posts, read 392,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasdavie View Post
Here goes, they now have 218 votes, it passes. Now the president will sign it in the morning at thats it !!!

Wooo hooo !!!

How long before the states are back online with the EUC ?
Done!! You have to think this was planned for so the backtrack would be prepared. I'm curious to see what or if there are changes to it.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 PM

6,892 posts, read 22,452,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_me View Post
Done!! You have to think this was planned for so the backtrack would be prepared. I'm curious to see what or if there are changes to it.
YAY!!!

Don't count on it! Some states might have they're act together when people need to start claiming again, but others won't. And that's only after everything is spelled out for the states so that they can understand it.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 PM

9 posts, read 17,141 times
how are we to find out what is included or added or changed in this bill?

Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,911,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetman75 View Post
how are we to find out what is included or added or changed in this bill?

Check rollcall.com Wednesday morning.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM

113 posts, read 392,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
YAY!!!

Don't count on it! Some states might have they're act together when people need to start claiming again, but others won't. And that's only after everything is spelled out for the states so that they can understand it.

I have no doubt it will cause a cluster mess for some. In my situation I can only personalize my encounter with my state EDD. Over all I've been treated with a lot of respect. California has bent over backwards to make us all know extensions were ending but they also included if not daily then weekly updates on the situation. They made it clear that in the event new extensions were applied they knew how they would be addressing that as well. I have no clue how this will affect the flow of things even if they have prepared because that's the grey area with my state. Communication is a real challenge. A whole lotta extended benefit claims got dumped after the 29th. Computer errors have also created delays but in those areas they have offered alternatives both automated and on line. They've gotten to the point where they really lean on the day business days in order to get a reply over an issue so that someone who tries the alternative methods will understand why a response is still pending.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:46 PM

426 posts, read 1,906,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_me View Post
This is great news for the 2 million folks who depend on the EUC !!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 PM

9 posts, read 17,141 times
no new tiers 2,3,or 4 in oklahoma, we are below 6% here

Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 PM

25,599 posts, read 56,305,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
And that's only after everything is spelled out for the states so that they can understand it.
Absolutely correct. All the states will have to wait for the BLS directive on administration of EUC going forward. I would expect BLS will have this done tomorrow, or Friday, at the very latest.

EUC: NO CHANGE. From my reading of the draft legislation as it relates to EUC, as others have said upthread, only expiration dates were changed. There are no weeks added to any tier, no tiers added, no change in triggers, no reduction in number of weeks. The underlying legislation on number of tiers, monetary calculations for the tiers, triggers, and eligibility dates - all go forward, as before, for one more year.

EB is an unknown. Statutes in certain states relative to EB lookback and TURS have expired, as I posted a day or two ago. Assuming federal legislation on EB retains the 3-year lookback, these states will need to enact new legislation. No state qualifies for EB today under the old legislation. I don't expect this to change. BLS Directive will help to clarify this, tomorrow, I hope.

BLS webpage on federal extensions has been unavailable all day. I am hoping they are burning the midnight oil and will have current info up soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment