Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 AM

4 posts, read 64,054 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Any help that anyone can give would bemuch appreciated because I am just so frustrated at this point with unemployment.
OK my story is as follows, I was on shirt term state disability from March 29 through June 2nd 2012. I had to have surgery and had fallen Ill. I was going to try and go back earlier to work and inquired around may 15th about coming back to work and found out I was being let go. I am a retail store manager been with company for two and a half years and was in family leave as well so anyway I was wrongfully terminated.
OK so the date I find out I'm laid off I file for unemployment on may 15th even though I was still on disability, I didn't know I couldn't file both for have never received unemployment in my life. So I get a letter from unemployment withheld date for the telephone examiner on June 5th. I had that call and the rep said I needed to fax her a return to work form from Dr that I am able and willing to work which I faxed that day. The examiner said by wthe end of next week I would have a decision and here we are and non decision yet. All I received was a paper from disability department telling me that I couldn't claim anymore disability because I was receiving unemployment benefits (which I have not been approved or receiving as of yet) so I call last Friday on the June 16th and the rep said if I don't hear anything my Tuesday June 19th to call them and they will send email to claims processor and see what's going on then yesterday I called jue 18th and another person said they have 14 business days to make a decision which would be this Friday, everyone has a different story and online says I'm pended. Does this mean I may get it or not. The reps say there is nothing in file bad to hold up anything and employer wasn't on call so I guess they aren't contesting it. Please help as to when, how, or what to expect if this has happened to you. I cnt believe they fired en while on disability... Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
There isn't much you can do to speed things up at this point. NJ is very backlogged in certain areas. Hopefully, review of your situation is not one of them. Chances are you will receive benefits, after your claim undergoes the routine review process. The 14 business days sounds very plausible. If your claim is processed by Friday, you may not receive notification until next week some time.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 06-19-2012 at 11:15 AM..

Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Also, don't be saying your were "wrongfully terminated." That has a legal definition, and if it were true, you'd be hiring an attorney and looking at a 6-figure judgment/settlement.

You were "unfairly terminated" at best.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:38 AM

I'm sorry for the typos on this tablet its difficult to type.. Thank you.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:53 AM

Also I haven't stated all the information in reference to my termination but I am in the process of choosing between two lawyers as towhicb might be a better fit to help with my situation. But that isn't the issue that I was inquiring about, because that will be handles by an attorney. It's the unemployment that I had the question about, and I have never written to an online website before this, but wanted to take a chance and see if there are some nice, willing to help others individuals still out there in this world that can be informative yet positive..

Old 06-19-2012, 11:57 AM

Thank you for your insight ariadne22 I will keep all posted if anyone is in a similar situation.. Have a nice day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment