Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 PM

102 posts, read 578,333 times

Advertisements

I went to file my ui and it informed me I exhausted the first tier? I thought it was 6 months but 5.. Anyways I filled outh the new claim and everything was the same as the first time..I am wondering is there anything I need to do or will I receive paperwork to fill out? I'm in Arizona .will I have to schedule to speak with someone ? All new to me ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 08:21 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Were you filing by phone or mail? I can assure you, if you were filing by the web there is no such message about exhausting anything.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:11 AM

102 posts, read 578,333 times
I filed on the web ...does it automatically renew for tier 2?

Old 07-14-2012, 12:41 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
Goes like this:

If you file on Sunday, you'll see that you have $1 to one week of benefits left.

Then around 8:30 am on Monday morning, you'll see that your check for the week ending date Saturday (two days prior) was issued, and your balance will be 14 x weekly benefit amount.

When that happens, everything went through the way it was supposed to and is normal.

If you see your balance actually be zero, that is NOT normal and it means you better start calling.

From your first post, I'm just not so sure you're using the right terminology.

It's regular state claim for 26 weeks

Your balance will hit zero at the end of state claim. The state will mail you an application for EUC. Do NOT fill out that application. The state dates your EUC enterance based on the day they get around to processing that application. So if they are slow (or you claimed on Friday and got the form in Saturday's mail), you end up deferring/losing a week or more of benefits. With EUC ending 12/29/12, there will be no way to make up for the loss on the back end. You want to call until you get through to have one the call center reps do it for you before Friday. After you hang up the phone you can log into the webpage, and you'll see 20 x your weekly benefit amount as your new balance provided you were eligible for the extension, and in the following day's mail will be a letter that money was added to your claim.

They also mail you a paper weekly claim form with work search contact boxes to fill out, and the wording suggests you need to use it from here on out. Ignore it. Just keep filing on the web. You won't have to type in your work contacts on the web, and your life on UI will just be a little better.

At that point, you'll log in on Sunday (or whenever before Friday @ 6:00 pm), and file your next claim. and that will be your first weekly claim for Tier 1.

From that moment forward until EUC ends, your balance will NEVER hit zero. It can be anywhere from $1 to your weekly benefit amount, but before it ever hits zero, they add more money so you never see it. So if you know you have tiers left, and it is ZERO then something went wrong and you have to call. AZ does not like to back date for missed weeks so try to fix problems before Friday. The reps will try to say things like "I can get your claim started back up from right now," but you have to tell them that you tried and tried to get through so that in the event the zeroing out caused you to miss a week that you were eligible, it forces them to back date so you get paid for all missed weeks. As of Dec 2011, they were allowed to back date 3 weeks if you said you couldn't get through, but try not to be put them to the test.

Last edited by Chyvan; 07-14-2012 at 12:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment